Tonight I am sad..very sad

by fulano 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
    fulano

Thanks for that kiss

• Piph
    Piph

I went and saw a small production of Cabaret a few weeks ago with Euph, and it got me thinking about the Holocaust and all the people that died...I cried for the longest time, grieving so many deaths at once.

I think that going through life, a 'normal' person (one who wasn't raised a JW, I mean) would learn of the all the horrible things that have happened one at a time and grieve them all properly in due course. But I don't think JW's are taught to grieve...sure, you're brokenhearted when someone dies, but they are so quick to remind you of seeing them again in the paradise that that hope replaces your grief. So instead of naturally healing from the deaths of loved ones or the deaths of millions around the world, we're just held back by a thin cord of hope in Paradise, and some of us hold on to it for all we're worth.

When you leave the JW's, BOOM! Here comes all that grieving at once, that was never done in the past. Suddenly there is so much to grieve for...but then you can get through it and go forward, and handle life as it comes like other people do. It seems to all work out eventually. Hang in there. It's a part of being human.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It is sad. I look back on the stuff I did, the things I sacrificed, to serve as an elder and I now ask: for what? And I did nothing compared with missionaries and those who truly did suffer for what the wts espoused.

But, if there is a God, he may well be pleased with what they did. Many jws did what they did with good motives. So it's not totally in vain if one believes that God does reward good people.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    When you leave the JW's, BOOM! Here comes all that grieving at once, that was never done in the past. Suddenly there is so much to grieve for...but then you can get through it and go forward, and handle life as it comes like other people do. It seems to all work out eventually. Hang in there. It's a part of being human.

This is not a necessity and certainly was not the case for me... beliefs drive emotions and you can find beliefs which do not require greiving. I am happy that I woke from the JW trance, I am relieved that they are wrong about so many things. I am glad that I do not have to continue the worthless JW rituals. As to people dying, I accept that as part of reality which only happens one way. I am saddened by the absence of friends even if not by death, but I do not reject the reality of life as I find it any more and hope for a fantasy land to take its place. I do not reject reality as flawed or fallen any more, which now seems absurd [how can reality be flawed? compared to what?].

Too many look back and are saddened by IF ONLY and WHAT IF thoughts which plague mankind in general and cause a lot of unnecessary suffering.... there is no REAL if only nor what if, they are only imaginary ghosts haunting the mind and creating false emotions by false comparisons. my mantra is: all things are as they must be [not as I wish], this is it.

whenever you feel sad, try saying that a few time and reminding yourself that you are exactly here and no where else, no when else... cannot change the past, and seeing your best options now is best on a clear mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit