Why does God create abominations?

by CPiolo 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

But not homosexual.

I don't think he was at all alone in considering 'feminine' to be a descriptive way of saying 'undignified compliance' though. Until very recently the world was a physical one, where the physically 'weaker sex' was controlled by the stronger - but what could women do about that? The whole world ran that way. They accepted it and in the main complied - hence the 'limp' association to effeminism. It's a truthful observation of how things were, and so the word is utilised.

Brings me to another point - 'truth and lie' really are very different from 'right and wrong' - right or wrong, people can say what they see - but believing a lie requires a certain leaning to darkness - away from truth - right or wrong.

Anyway, I think I'm losing the direction of this thread.

Abominations? Did God create the faith of the wtbts ? I thought it was particular men .

"And without Him, was nothing made that was made"

• jwbot
    jwbot

The bible God hates women too, yet he created them. My explaination is that A) If the god is truly loving, then he had nothing to do with the bible and most religions. and B) if the real god DOES think those things, why would anyone want to worship such an evil being? Strike be with lightning right now please. :)

• gumby
    gumby
    Strike be with lightning right now please. :)

Who are you talking to?

LOL

I agree......the old Lord went pretty hard on the ladies.

It was all Eve's fault

Gumby

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

I believe and hold true that it is an abomination because the Bible says so. I believe homosexuals are morally incorrect, and have a free choice on wether they want to follow a straight path, or a crooked one. I don't believe God creates abominations, we do. He sets forth the rules and we are the ones that break them. But again, as a Christian, that's what I believe.

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Jwbot, I do not see where in the Bible God hates on women. I don't believe he created women inferior to men, but I do believe he made women equal to men and put men as their head.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I believe homosexuals are morally incorrect, and have a free choice on wether they want to follow a straight path, or a crooked one.

Why would anyone deliberately choose a path where one is continuously attacked for being whom they choose to be?

My sexuality is not a choice -- it is how I was created. It is not a simple matter like following a road map. I am exactly as I was created to be.

If I was created for the specific purpose of being placed on the earth for others to mock and attack, then it is God who is morally incorrect. I cannot imagine that being so. Therefore, I can only conclude that my sexuality was not a mistake, and I will not insult the Creator by trying to force change when change is not possible.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    I believe and hold true that it is an abomination because the Bible says so.

Other things the bible says:

• "whoever of you does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple."
    • "if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away"

I take it you're probably not homosexual - but how do you go with the rest of it - literally?

• freein89
    freein89

CP,

If there is a god I don't think he hates. And in my humble opinion homosexuals would not deserve to be hated even if he did. I am waiting for the day when the subject of homosexuality is no longer a subject. I mean, do people make an issue of other stuff that people are and do?

My sister is an artist, this makes her react to her environment in a way that is entirely different from the way I as a non-artist react to the same environment. Its who she is. She sees and feels color and light in a certain way, other than my envy for her ability to see and create beauty, I don't really feel it is a "subject" it just is.

I hope I am saying this in a way you understand, I don't even know for sure if I understand it. I mean I hope that someday people will figure out that homosexuality is just another way of being. It contributes to the world no more or less than any other way of being. But until we all get it, it kind of has to be a subject.

Hmmm, maybe like women getting the vote in this country. At one time this was a big subject and was discussed and argued about and it was an issue. Now we don't go around thinking and arguing about it. Obviously women should vote and own property and inherit and do all of the other things that they do, its just not a subject anymore.

My sincere hope is that homosexuality will someday be relegated to the "what was the big deal pile". The whole subject of equal rights for homosexuals belongs in the history books with Orvill and Wilbur-what do you mean people can fly? Are you telling me that there was once a time when this was a big deal? Geeze, how stupid did people used to be?

Deb

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I am waiting for the day when the subject of homosexuality is no longer a subject.
    I mean I hope that someday people will figure out that homosexuality is just another way of being.
    My sincere hope is that homosexuality will someday be relegated to the "what was the big deal pile". The whole subject of equal rights for homosexuals belongs in the history books with Orvill and Wilbur-what do you mean people can fly?

BRAVO, DEB !! HEAR, HEAR !!

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Look, the Bible had a bunch of kids torn to pieces by a bear because they teased an old man about being bald. It says God destroyed an entire city, including the children, because the adults were evil. It says that you can sell your daughters into slavery, that menstruating women can't be inside the city limits, and that Jesus at the last minute lost his faith.

And you're trying to make sense out of it?

I wish the IRS selectively enforced the tax code the way you "Christians" selectively delete portions of the Mosaic Law and keep the parts you want.

"... I do believe he made women equal to men and put men as their head." This statement is so non-linear, I can't even respond to it.

Hey, ClassAvenger at least clearly stated his position on homosexuality. CA, good luck with that constant fear you have of your sins being visited upon you, and say hi to your God of love that you believe will mete out that retribution you so fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit