Your Favorite Scary Movie?

by Valis 55 Replies latest jw friends

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

"The Entity" really freaked me out after I watched it .. I was afraid to be alone in a room for a couple of nights afterwards. It's fairly old .. I think it was made in the late 70's - early 80's .. track it down .. it's quite good for an oldie. I still wanna know how they do that invisible hands special effect.

monk3y

• talesin
    talesin

How about these two classics?

Whatever Happened to BabyJane?

and

Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte

• Mac
    Mac

"She's got Betty Davis Eyes"

mac

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I think Stephen King's books scare me more than any movies do. I liked Needful Things, the book. My son saw The Ring and it scared him to death, but when I watched it, it didn't do a thing for me in the scare dept.

• SiouxWoman
    SiouxWoman

I adore scary movies, but of all my faves Psycho the first is it

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome to the board Siouxwoman!...Nice to meet you.

Has anyone seen the new Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde 2002 w/John Hannah and David Warner? Great rendition IMO.

Oh and Dorian Grey is another good one...old but good...kind of like shutterbug...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Have to agree the TV version of the Shining was MUCH better and creepy.

Creepiest movies - The Dark Secrets of Harvet Home (NBC - 1978ish); Prince of Darkness; What Lies Beneath; The Others

Slasher favs - Halloween

Traditionals - Young Frankenstein (Frankenschteeeen); ANY Abott & Costello Flicks

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

When i was a kid, The Fog and When A Stranger Calls (have you checked the chilllllldren?? ;) ) FREAKED me out. i also vaguely remember a scary movie i watched when i was really young called "Let's Scare Jessica to Death"...i remember it being really frightening, but if i watched it now i'd probably think it sucked :P

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

All three Hannibal Lector movies and What Lies Beneath, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Picture of Dorian Gray. Carrie, Exorcist, Seven, Copy Cat, 10 Little Indians ( the origanl version). The House of Usher, well these are just a few of my faves. I love scary movies. And thrillers.

Happy Halloween/

Orangefatcatloves ya

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The Ring (Japanese version). Seriously creepy.

(Excuse me, gotta go and answer the phone ...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit