Conversation with my Dad today concerning the Leah Remini show

by joe134cd 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Joe : I don’t quite know how to tell you this dad.

Dad : What daughter

Joe : Dont get mad or offensive, but there was a documentary that aired a few nights ago on prime time TV in the USA concerning the JWs, and there was some very nasty stuff mentioned, and it certainly wasn’t positive toward the organisation.

Dad : We can expect that we will be persecuted in the time of the end.

joe : yes that is true. The reason I am telling you this is just to pass on the information so you can be prepared for when the documentary hits this country. However you take this as persecution or an attack by Satan then that is ok just as long as I have informed you and you are mentally prepared.

Dad : ok thanks. Apparently the government has extended it scop into child sex abuse to include religions.

Joe : Yes dad. I knew about this a couple of days ago. That’s another topic I wanted to mention to you too. The JWs are probably going to be the star attraction in this, and I have a feeling it won’t be positive.

Dad : yes , and the bible says that in the time of the end that your enemies will be members of your own family.

conversation ends.

The purpose was just to inform and preparedness, not for a lesson in TTATT. Quite frankly my father is better of believing its all a conspiracy and staying in the religion.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Very frustrating for you, at least you tried. Some people just don't seem bright enough to see a cult even when it's right under their nose.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A loving way of doing things, well done.

I think there are a number of people who deserve to stay in the Cult, either because the harm to them would be too much if they woke up, or because they are arrogant fools and deserve to wallow in their ignorance ! I guess your dad comes into the first category, like most of my JW family, they have given their lives to it, and to wake up would be devastating.

I do hope that a good number of J.W's do watch the programme ,and wake up.

• new boy
    new boy

"We can expect that we will be persecuted in the time of the end."

Even when it all goes against them the are still fulfilling Bible prophecy.

The attack of Ma of Magog.....o...my....god!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Being exposed for covering the sexual abuse of children is not religious persecution.

• jp1692
    jp1692

What TBK said!

• tiki
    tiki

Hard to pry open closed minds...

• just fine
    just fine

They seem to be confused about the difference between persecution and prosecution.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It really irritates me this whole persecution thing. Is a doctor saving your childs life persecuting you or your child?

No.

Then a policeman/lawyer prosecuting paedophiles and protecting YOUR CHILDREN from paedophiles is also not persecution.

Maybe say "they say they are protecting jehovahs witnesses from paedophiles within the organization, Dad"

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

DVr,ed this on the nite of the airing and looked for it again and my uber pioneer had erased it. Lucky for me I set it to record the series and I got it back. Im sure this one will be deleted too, just hope it is watched at least a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit