A Curiosity

by ozziepost 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alf3831
    Alf3831
    "Thanks Alf for your observations. I am curious though, how in heck did you get copies of correspondence between Franz and Goodspeed? It would have to take an act of congress wouldn't."

Not really.

Several years ago I was given access to Edgar Goodspeeds private papers through the University of Chicago. It was there that I found several letters between Goodspeed and the WT. Two of these letters were from/to Freddy Franz, back in 1947 I believe. I believe you can now obtain copies of these private papers via UOC, you have to write to them, and they will let you know regarding costs of copies. They will also ask for reasons why you want to review Goodspeeds papers. Any research-related reason will do...

Hope this helps.

Alf3831

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Stephanus:In the Scottish Psalter (used for singing the Psalms in nigh on all highland churches, and many worldwide) the name Jehovah is found, too, in the following Psalms:

Hey, thanks for those refs, Littletoe! Being a Presbyterian myself, I just might be able to lay hands on that psalter.

Perhaps one day I can publish The "Jehovah" Hymnal, (now with more references to Jehovah than the Kingdom Melodies)...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've started a collection of Hymnals.
    I'll try to find time to sift through them for similar title references.

If you can't find that Psalter, let me know.
    Additionally, the "Free Church of Scotland" released a new one, last year. It was a complete retranslation and setting of the Psalms in modern English.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit