The lost congregation, or something else?

by spiritwalker 20 Replies latest jw friends

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

"Misery enjoys company." For some reason this was the quote I was thinking of when I found that former Jehovah's Witnesses were on their own message boards. Not that I felt this life, away from the religion, was miserable. More that, I felt it would be post after post of people speaking about hardships and pain. Lets face it, they happen and being a former Witness is not an easy road. If it was, more people would leave and not stay in for the easy life of emotional connections with family and friends.

To commend those I have read. I do not get the impression that you are miserable. In fact, I must highly commend this board. Of all the boards I visited, this one is more balanced between emotion and logic. With a solid mix of backgrounds and subjects. I guess that is why, when reading the boards online that represent the world of former Jehovah's Witnesses, I felt more comfortable that I would get a fair and balanced response to my comments, here. So, in basic essence, "thank you, for sharing your thoughts." I lead a busy life, but I will try to stop by from time to time and see how this board is doing and perhaps share some more thinking.

Perhaps this board is not about "Misery enjoying company", but rather the "reinvention of the product, we call our lives."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit