Leah Remini to tackle JWs in new special

by betterdaze 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The star has a previous first-look production deal with the network to produce unscripted series following the success of her Emmy-winning show “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.” According to The Hollywood Reporter, Remini will produce a special for the network during the break following Season 3 of the acclaimed docuseries.

It notes that Jehovah’s Witnesses, while based on Biblical teachings, have come under fire over the years for similar practices to the Church Remini left years ago. For example, practices of ousting or shunning members who have dissenting views, a blanket refusal to participate in politics and government as well as not celebrating Christmas or birthdays are all things that the special will reportedly cover. Additionally, the religion has predicted the literal end of the world several times, obviously to no avail.

Leah Remini to tackle Jehovah's Witnesses in new special following 'Kevin Can Wait' cancellation

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

If JW's had seen Leah Remini's series on Scientology and enjoyed it, it will be interesting to see their reaction to the same consideration of Jw's.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I personally am glad that it is going to be shown now, and I dare say that it has got to catastropic for JW ratings amoung worldlings and JW s alike to be sure. I sure hope she touches on the most sensitive topics.

No publicity is good publicity for this dubious fraud who plays on human weakness and call it memebrs by the term Jehovah's Witnesses.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETTERDAZE:

Good. I hope this happens.👍🏻 I enjoyed Leah’s expose on Scientology and the undeniable similarities to the JWs.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

In my morning haze I read the title and the image of Leah Remini jumping out of some bushes to tackle JWs while they're writing down not-at-homes came to mind. Now I'm not sure which show I want her to make.

It's lovely all the press JWs are getting lately between this and the upcoming "Cults and Extreme Belief" documentary. I hope they all manage to do a good job and aren't full of minor mistakes that JWs will seize upon.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

THANK YOU LEAH! I was so hoping she would tackle the Watchtower.

I wrote to her, and others, asking, pleading to do research into this organization. I wrote to high profile ex jws that come across in an excellent manner, to contact A&E. Who knows if anyone ever saw those, but it felt good to try.

I'm now so happy to hear this is in the works. I feel confident she will do thorough research.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I actually find this a little odd, inasmuch as Remini has no prior connection (as far as I know) to JWs the way she did with Scientology.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If it's anywhere near as good as the first series I'll be happy. I love Leah she's great, she's in the perfect position really never been a JW but knows how cults like this work. She doesn't tiptoe around them she''s not afraid of triggering their "persecution complex" doesn't cowtow to the religious heirarchies and pulls no punches when caling out what they do in an intelligent way. We should be so lucky to have an advocate like her because it's sadly missing in the exjw community.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"The spotlight keeps getting brighter!" - Proverbs 4:18

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Boy the Watchtower corporate popes had Loesch tell the publishers they should only trust the GB and don't believe the news or anything on the internet. This is major damage control and it ain't gonna work in fact it will backfire big time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri-Ta0ta4ac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit