Those of who are trying to get out of the Borg....

by Flowerpetal 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Are you still going in service? If so, how do you present your message? I'm sure you disagree with a lot of WT teachings, so how are you handling this?

• Carmel
    Carmel

I sold my book bag to the local pawn shop and used the proceeds to buy a can of pop at a ball game. Never sold another rag mag for the "Publishing Company".

carm

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I have been door to door maybe twice in the last three years. Why should I go when the person at the door won't know that I am NOT a child abuser? Since the WT allows child abusers to go from door to door without telling anyone, I refuse to go.

And if they don't like it, they can just change their policy.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes go out for about 1 hour a month and basicaly my presentaion is simply "Would you be interestyed in reading the WT and Awake -- simple as that -- my 1 hour service is just to stop the prying elders from prying too much

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Do you feel like you can share scriptures just praising our Creator without offering any literature? (that is if you still believe in one) I'm asking because I haven't been actively going from door to door, but am being "missed" so I'm trying to figure out how I can do so without using any of their suggested presentations and maybe do 1 or 2 hours a month.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I still go out in service for the sake of appearances.

I fake a lot of it. I only go out once a week for about 1-1/2. If I am with my hubby we pretend to knock but we don't.

If I am with others I try to use my Bible and leave the rags in the book bag.

wannaexit

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

When I go out on service I only present one article from one of the magazines that I personally might find interesting information to know about. I always find something, specially in the Awake! mag.

I never present books or pamphlets. However, I do not go out on service all that often to worry about finding people at home.

• Carmel
    Carmel

How many of you do it because deep down in side you still fear that the whole "Armegeddon" thang is true?

caveman

• acsot
    acsot

Why go out in service? Why not just hand in a service report? Unless, of course, you're living with family members who are dubs and are therefore being watched carefully. I've been handing in fake service reports for over a year, mainly to avoid the elders prying and to save my mother another heart attack.

As per my previous posts, I'm caring for my elderly mother who is still a dub but unable to get out much due to strokes and a heart attack. No one knows I'm not going out, and I am quite pleased at using the WTS' own definition of "theocratic strategy" against them - screwing up their year-end accounting records. I do, of course, speak about the "truth" to others, though not at all in a way the WTS would approve . I am trying to work out a plan whereby I move to another congregation (different language group), then "move" again later on, at which time I will have no contact whatsoever with the dubs, not even my fake service reports.

I do realize, however, that it is much more difficult for others who are more closely watched. So far I have been unable to fly under the radar.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    How many of you do it because deep down in side you still fear that the whole "Armegeddon" thang is true?

I don't do it because of Armageddon. I just strongly believe in a Creator and feel like I can't not talk about him. I have been viewing some spectacular sunrises lately--I believe there is Someone out there bigger than ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit