Would you do this?

by Been there 35 Replies latest jw friends

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

Hi Been There,

I don't think drug testing companies check for gender, they usually check for the "standard 5" set by the Govt: Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash), Cocaine (cocaine, crack), Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed), Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP).

How do you plan to do this? Are you going to pee in a plastic bag and tape it to his leg, then hook up a tube to it and tape it to his penis? It may be more involved than you think. Whatever method you choose, you might end up with a leaky container of warm urine and a smelly mess that is hard to explain/ ignore.

Did your buddy know about this test 3 months ago? You can always "prepare" by not using for a few months. Even die-hard pot heads <cough, cough> have done this. It's quite a lot of pressure to put on a friend, asking her for clean piss and possibly jeopardizing her job.

I don't like drug testing either, or the drug laws of this country. It's nice of you to want to help your friend, but don't screw yourself in the process. -suz

Also, FYI: If you use a product to "clean out" your system of drug traces, and the test picks up the adulterants in the urine sample, that sample will be considered positive for drugs.

Alcohol may be legal, but it is a drug, and some companies do test for it (e.g. Airlines, military).

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No way...I wouldn't do it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ahhh yes... presumed guilt based on you retaining your privacy and dignity.

Sadly I've had to "fill a cup" for a few contract jobs I've done. You are left with a simple yet disturbing question: What is more important to you, your privacy and dignity or a given job?

When you have bills to pay your privacy and dignity tend to suffer.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I wouldn't do it for someone. If they want a job they need to clean up. If it's just recreational drug use then why not stop long enough to pass a urine test. If they can't do that it's more than recreational isn't it?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If it's just recreational drug use then why not stop long enough to pass a urine test. If they can't do that it's more than recreational isn't it?

Excellent point.

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

I completely agree with you on legalization, in fact I strongly believe that we all deserve ADULT choices to do ANYTHING privately! My bumper sticker reads "Keep your laws off my body." Now, since my close friend operates a huge outdoor "head-shop" and since I am a f/t student (legal courses) I am continually asked by him to keep him current on federal restrictions, etc....Would you believe that a majority of his customers who regularly purchase a 24hr, rapid detox tea are Social Service managers, State Police, Politicians, Lawyers, Doctors....should I go on? Now if your friend wanted this job bad enough to be responsible for themselves they would have detoxed 24 hrs before the test instead of putting you in a position to be forced into evaluating YOUR choices!

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I would. It's none of the employers' business if my friend wants to have a little smoke in their free time.

The laws against Maryjane are, imo, immoral - helping a friend avoid what I consider immoral drug-testing would be right up the alley of what I would term 'civil disobedience'.

tal

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

One time I had to take a drug screen in order to move from temp to permanent on a job. I learned that this company, like many others, drug-screens only during the hiring process because they get a big break on employees' insurance benefits. Their drug policy amounted to -- not "just say no," but "don't come to work high."

I believe you're most likely to be regularly tested if you're driving cars, operating heavy machinery, and other life-and-death stuff. It doesn't happen to clerical workers very often, I don't think.

Re those magical drinks that are supposed to enable you to pass drug screens, they don't work. www.erowid.org has valuable information on that subject.

GentlyFeral

• Sassy
    Sassy

No I wouldn't

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i'd do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit