Would you do this?

by Been there 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

Would you pee for someone to pass a pee test for a new job? I was asked to do so. I could pass with flying colors. I work hard to be drug & alcohol free, it is a choice I make. I said "NO WAY", but am I over reacting? Is it such a big deal?

I know this person well and it would not be in anyway harming anyone, they are not abusers at all but relaxation at appropriate times. I know all the ways to fool the test so I don't need those answers really. What would your conscience be?

Does it make a differance if the person is a differant gender? The test is tomorrow.

What say ye?

• sens
    sens

omg....

Id say No...that is just way 2 gross...

all depends I guess...but then Ive never been asked. Thank God.

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

No, I wouldn't do it guess I'm to honest of a person.

What if there is a random test or they get hurt on the job then they usual test people to see if they were using drugs.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Maybe I'm just rebellious but, I'd do it. I think the only time it makes a differance in gender is if you are pregnant. I think there is something you can buy at GND that is called "PeeFreely", or something like that, that erases all traces of drugs in your system. As far as alchohol goes, it's legal so that shouldn't cause a problem.

~Aztec

• Dimples
    Dimples

No, I wouldn't do it.

Dimples

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.dol.gov/elaws/asp/drugfree/drugs/screen92.asp

From the Department of Labor

Drug Testing

Drug testing is NOT required under the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. The majority of employers across the United States are NOT required to test and many state and local governments have statutes that limit or prohibit workplace testing, unless required by state or Federal regulations for certain jobs. On the other hand, most private employers have the right to test for a wide variety of substances. It is very important that before designing a drug-testing program you familiarize yourself with the various state and Federal regulations that may apply to your organization.

The most common reasons employers implement drug testing are to:

• Deter employees from abusing drugs and alcohol
    • Prevent hiring individuals who use illegal drugs
    • Provide early identification and referral of employees who have drug and/or alcohol problems
    • Provide a safe workplace for other employees
    • Ensure general public safety and instill consumer confidence that employees are working safely .....(continued)

• Been there
    Been there

Thank you everyone for your replies so far. The drug in question here is pot. I personally feel it should be legalized for recreational use as I think it is even less dangerous then too much alcohol. As it stands, it is not tolerated, hence the problem.

Thank you for the link Blondie, they don't have a drug law listing for my state (of course). I'm off to work and will reply when I get home to further posts. Thanks guys!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

When I was working I worked around lifting equipment, cranes, forklifts etc, and directed folks who operated this type of equiipment. When drug testing started I was totally opposed to it as I had never used an illegal drug in my life and, after all, aren't we innocent until proven guilty ?? Then something not so funny happened, a couple of the equipment operators tested positive, one of them for cocaine and it scared the daylights out of some of us. When working in a potentially dangerous situation you had better have your head glued on straight and your mind totally on the work at hand.

As far as alcohol is concerned there is a method of testing intoxication levels, and that isn't the case in other drugs, at least as far as I know. If there is no way of testing for intoxication levels in drugs such as pot, then the only way to know rather or not someone is impaired is to insure he/she doesn't use the drug, period. If my precious rear end is on the line I will insist everyone be sober and free of any substance which could cause someone to lose their life. In short, it is a safety issue.

• flower
    flower

Lot of things would factor into my decision. It woud depend on who I am doing it for, if there was a chance of getting caught, if the person has a drug or alcohol problem, ect. But it would have to be a last resort. If they knew ahead of time that they were having the test and had time to get the pot out of their system then I wouldnt do it just so they could smoke pot again before the test. If it was a last minute thing and a good job they'd be losing I'd probably do it.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

NO! I'll go one step further. I passed an exam for a fellow ironworker and within a couple of years he lost his union card through negligence. I even paid for his expenses and I never got a thank you. Would I do it again, hmmm, I enjoy challenges, good question. Let your conscience be your guide.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit