Irreverent Got Good News

by blondie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Some of you may remember that my husband suffered heart failure in May and the words "heart transplant" were mentioned often. He has been in heart rehab (diet and exercise and close monitoring) and meds since then. Last week, he was told that the heart transplant was off the table. Yay!!!! He has achieved a miracle return to 45% heart function from 15%. 50% or more is normal. The next six months may show enough improvement that he may be tapered off the meds. The stress of trying to be a perfect JW elder is gone as well as trying to pretend at the KH. There was a thread today talking about how some felt after leaving...some felt anger...we felt relief and peace.

Blondie

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Oh Blondie & Irr!!!

that is WONDERFUL news.

I am with you about relief! It was such a relief not having to go to 5 meetings a week, service, preparation, blah, blah, blah. I truely know what it means to be FREE!

I'm so glad your hubby's health has responded well to your freedom too. (besides still being guilty that he <might have> caught a virus while he was down here! I know, I know, but still....)

Hugs to both of you. You deserve a long, long, happy, healthy life ahead of you both.

j2bf

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Congratulations to both of you. I know following a regimen that allows that kind of improvement is no easy matter! This is just such wonderful news!

• rocketman
    rocketman

That's great news Blondie!

~I'll join you in the relief and peace class~

• nilfun
    nilfun

Wow! That is simply amazing. Take care you two

• outnfree
    outnfree

*Doin' the happy dance for (((((Blondie and Irrev)))))!*

Keep on doin' whatever it is you're doin', so selfish me can get to meet you two someday!

outnfree

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

congratulations.

CZAR

• invictus
    invictus

very good news indeed!

I wish both of you all the best and sincerely hope that you will see even more improvements and much better health.

take care.

Invictus

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Good for you! Happy for you both and glad that you and he are not on that perpetual treadmill that can hamper recovery!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I had open heart surgery last year to replace a valve and trust me, it's NO FUN. You should give yourself credit for his recovery, it's my experience that nobody goes successfully through health related stuff like this alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit