An Apology ...and the Face of Terror

by safe4kids 10 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

First, I must make a public apology to Simon for labeling him a "beer wimp" in my last thread. I discovered last night at dinner that the only reason he ordered Coors Light was because he DIDN'T KNOW what it was! Simon's beer ordering habits are now improving and I feel confident that the reputations of British beer drinkers everywhere will be salvaged (we've at least got him ordering AmberBock now ).

As for terror, I must say that Harry is one brave woman! Prior to our day at Busch Gardens, she had only ever ridden one roller coaster before, but she had the guts to get on Montu with me! (and NO, I didn't shame her into it, she came willingly...honest!) She gave her permission for the following pic of our shared experience to be posted (assuming I can figure out how to do so). Hats off to Harry!

http://beta.hometown.aol.com/dacloy/myhomepage/harryonmontu.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US

I'm crossing my fingers hoping this works. Oh, and just so you all know, this pic was snapped right at the beginnning of the ride; she opened her eyes the rest of the time

Dana

• Latte
    Latte

WOW What a fab time your all having!

Si and Ang were'nt suppose to be over there yet! I thought that they were due to fly out later this week

Go easy on Ang!! Look out for the American Buffet Breakfasts - manic!

......wish we were there.............

...miss you guys.....

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Dana,

I'm glad you clarified that. I have seen Simon drink in the English pubs. Most of what the Brits drink is what we would call a lager, heavy stuff.

Steve

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

<running to the refrigerator to throw out the Coors Light back to AmberBock!!!> *whew*

Glad you clarified that, Dana.

btw, is that picture is of you two? I didn't recognize either of you.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

j2bf

• Mulan
    Mulan
    got him ordering AmberBock now

That is a relief. Dave will now bring some of his famous beer that he makes himself.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey (((((((Latte)))))))) Miss you too! I really wish you guys could have made it over for the fest coz it wouuld have been great to see you again.

Hiyas Steve Yeah, I felt badly about having called him a beer wimp, once we figured out the why of it all LOL. But he's a good sport and took it well...I think he may have even forgiven me!

Joy, yup, that's Ang and me on Montu, which is actually a pretty daunting roller coaster, especially for someone who hasn't ridden many before. Harry totally impressed all of us with her bravery BTW, I'm the one with the stupid grin on my face...how on earth could you not tell??!!!!

Mulan,

Dave will now bring some of his famous beer that he makes himself.

Woohoo! Sounds good (I think )

Dana

• Latte
    Latte

((((((((((Dana & Co)))))))))))

We're real sorry that we couldn't make it too, we would of loved seeing all your family again!

Just you guys have a great time and send Ang, Si, Liam & Dillon back!!....Ya can't keep em'.!

• Angharad
    Angharad

LOL

I'm just about over the shock ! I still think Simon is a wimp, he felt sick just looking at the rollercoaster

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow Dana

• shamus
    shamus

Have a great time, guys! Simon, hard to drink real beer in america, no? It's like water.

• Simon
    Simon

No apology necessary Dana ... I admit I have since drunk Coors light on occassion but have tended more towards the AmberBock. We bought some of our local Mancunian brew "Boddingtons" for you to try.

I love that pic:

Dana: Wheeee .... this is exciting

Angharad: Arghhhh !!! Make it stop !!!

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit