was your "talent" wasted in JW-ville?

by doodle-v 27 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

For me personally, I don't think I had any budding talents wasted. In fact, I have few talents. But, I have seen otehr talented peopel, especially youths, have their goals of partcipating in athletics or singing/acting blunted by their jw parents or the elders.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

The only thing that I regret was that the WTS hindered my career diverting my efforts to wts interests. I dont regret the knowleg=dge and experience I gained from the WTS, but in retrospect I wish that I had listened to my parents who wanted me to get a phd or a doctorate, and that the WTS had a diiferent policy on education back then

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

HELL, yes.

I didn't know I could write like this until after I left the Spoof.

...C'mon, click on the link already.

GentlyFeral

• Atilla
    Atilla

Yes, even as a pioneer, my talent and time were very much wasted. When I was pioneering, I at least tried to manage my time and bring new recruits in like a good little dub. However, none of the other pioneers seemed to be organized at all. They just wanted to drive around from one end of the territory to the other end to call on people we knew weren't even home in the first place. My talent is now going to a good cause: going to college and becoming a teacher. The borg puts obedience way in front of talent. Just do as you are told.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I was a great baseball player as a teenager and I had a great pitching arm. I also loved the study of history, even till today I love reading about WW2 and the nazis. I remember asking my parents if i can go to college for history and they told me that would be a waste of time, I was going to be a missionary!

What are REALLY wanted to be was a maruader in a post nuclear desert!

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    If you're good at singing

Now that's one thing I'm excellent at! I can singe just about anything. I don't even have to try. It just happens. The other day I was making pancakes and the doorbell rang and my hands were full and I had to go to the basement because that's where the stuff that my hands were full of belonged and I went to the basement and it was cold there and dark and I couldn't turn on the light because my hands were full so I kind of felt my way along the wall and I tripped and then I got up and then I tripped again and then I got up again and it was awful and I finally just threw the stuff that my hands were full of down on the floor and then I went back upstairs and they were still ringing the bell and then the started banging and I got kind of scared and so I grabbed my Grandma's big Bible off the mantle and held it above my head and I was gonna whack 'em if they came through the door but they didn't so I just opened the door instead and there were two people standing there and they said, "Oh, we see you have your Bible....please turn to the book of Daniel" and then they read about many roving about and I said, "Yes that's clear" and then they said they smelled something and I said, "Excuse me" and they said no something else and I gasped and went to the kitchen and sure enough I'd done it again. Singed the pancakes. Like I said, I can singe just about anything.

Oh wait, you said sing.............nevermind.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    then they said they smelled something and I said, "Excuse me"

I know this is made up cause you never excuse yourself after making a smell.

• dead
    dead

: was your "talent" wasted in JW-ville?

There are only two possibilities:

NO talents were wasted in JW-Ville: all talents were used for the good of all.

ALL talents have been wasted in JW-Ville. all talents were trashed, manipulated and used by lying Watchtower Leaders for their own glory and benefit.

So, which is it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit