was your "talent" wasted in JW-ville?

by doodle-v 27 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Awhile ago when I heard that Prince had joined the borg immeadiately i thought "man, what a waste of talent" and yes i do think that musically Prince is very talented. Anyway, it got me thinking about how many of us wasted our time, money and effort in JW-ville. What do you think you could have been? An actor or actress, a singer, a famous writer? Are you catching up and finding your hidden talents now?

Since I was "raised in da troof" I find myself trying to catch up and its pretty funny finding things that im good at that only if my parents would have encoraged me to do when i was younger well.... who knows?

what about you?

Doodle-V

of the "coulda-woulda-shoulda" class.

• Panda
    Panda

Doodle-V, whether or not you were raised by JWs or wolves you would (we all would) still have many should-a would-a could-a's. That's how life goes. We make decisions and have to live with those. There are many 16 yr old mothers who after they age a few years realize how ilequipped they are for life.

As for your talents, please use them to the best of your ability. You will gain tremendous joy. I started college at 38yrs old. Found out how much I loved learning, lived overseas and learned a new language. So don't fret about the lost time .. just don't lose anymore.

Hugs, Panda

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I wanted to be a singer. Oh well

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm pretty sure I coulda been a contenda.

• smack
    smack

pr0n starr

Dirk

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

[email protected]

you coulda been marlon brando??

Marlon Brando

• talesin
    talesin

This is not a frivolous question - yes, my natural abilities were wasted - and it took me many years to find out what they were.

The GD SOBs robbed me - there, I said it.

That being said, am I gonna let them win by sitting around and whining about it? NOT!

OTOH, don't discount how much talent has been destroyed by the WTB&TS, and how hard it is for the survivors to make their way in this world and use what they have lost were deprived of.

... just a thought

tal

• Mac
    Mac

You show 'em Tale...you da man gal!!!

mac

• talesin
    talesin

{{{mac}}}

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

tal--- I feel the same way *sigh* i've only been out for a year and that question comes up in mind every now and then.

"what could i have been?"

I honestly want to know what everyone thinks they could have been. What talents did they had that were wasted, and what are they are doing about it now? I understand that we can't change the past, its gone, we learn from it and everyone even non-jw's have regrets.

However, I can't help but wonder how many of us could have been pro-football, basketball whatever players but we couldnt explore that avenue because of the policy on school sports? How many of us could have contributed to scientific research, literature or the arts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit