The emotionally manipulative techniques JW families use.

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

One method is guilt tripping about old memories about pioneering on winter days or about going to the beach after a meeting or something, they keep bringing-up old times.. Yes pictures too.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SPARROWDOWN:

Regarding the JW who gave you back a picture of yourself - I had something like that happen to me some years ago by a sister who moved out of the area....I always knew she didn’t think I was up there with her esteemed pioneer friends.

While I was happy to get back a picture of me, what she did spoke volumes..She doesn’t know it but I shredded a bunch of her nonsense (mementos) that I kept. Yep, it all got shredded with the junk mail.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yep LHG, I interpreted her action (quite correctly I feel) as a passive aggressive dig.

JWs are weird little narcissists.

• freddo
    freddo

"Concerned" relative: "Well, Freddo if you don't get into the New System you won't see your (dead) parents in Paradise, will you?"

Freddo: "Well ... I suppose I have the small consolation of not having to help bury a billion dead children and babies slaughtered at Armageddon ... and just imagine the smell after a week or two."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit