Were you ever an Elder? Read this Please.

by Amazing 52 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT
  • Don Smith
    Don Smith

Hi Jim

Don Smith here . I was made an elder around 1955 and i couldn't even spell whatstower.( joke)

I had to asked my wife Phyllis if she remembered when i elevated to that glorious position and we agreed it was around 1955. But i should also mention with sorrow and regret that the elder body threatened to remove me for speaking against the elder arrangement after 29 years of dedicated service to the WT.

Let me explain. We had a P.O. a real nice guy by the name of Gus ,but he was not a pusher and our South Cong. hours were low and we had problems in the Cong. About that time in the North unit a eager convert was very active in the service and the cct. overseer decided to replace Gus with Harold.Then the comedy began as the because the elder body and m.s.servants preferred the status quo.avoiding the door to door work at all costs Pretending to knock on the doors , standing on the sidewalk filling out reports while the rank and file went door to door.Fudging their reports , making shepperding calls to avoid the door to door and spending too time in the coffee shops as well . It didnt take Harold long to act to the chagrin of eldersand m.s. who spoke to a new cct. stateing Harold did not have his son in control as he had long hair . So Harold had to step down . Shortly after that my daughter told us she didnt want to go to to the meetings . Now it was my turn to take the flac and i also was asked to step down , but i refused saying my son is in the truth and that means 75% of our family was still active. I also reminded them that 1/3 of the angels rebelled against Jehovah ,but that didnt make him an unfit Father as he has said to both mankind and angels choose this day whom you will serve and my daughter made her choice.

But they wouldn't buy that and insisted i step down ,by i refused to step down and they responded, saying then we will remove you and the i said , then remove me and they did. Now here is the funny side of the story and some of you older men will relate to this. About 4 months later they asked me to meet with them at the K.H.and i knew that were going to ask me to reconsider me stepping down because it now became apparent that they had shot themselves in the foot and that stupid WT policy resulted in an elder shortage.

But i refused to meet with them because that was my Har-magedon , my cross roads , my time of decision for i now saw it for what it was ,like our Lord said" by their fruits you will know them"

Therefore it was just a matter of time to hang around until i could help my immediate to see the WT for what it was and they did and i thank my Father in heaven for that .

Love you all Take Care Don Smith

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

OK, I'm do for sending another spicy letter. You can PM me.

Guest 77

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Contact me. If I can be of assistance I will certainly try.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Bttt

• caspian
    caspian

Seemed to have missed this one

but you know you can always rely on me Jim

Hope you are Ok and got those items I posted you

Cas.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Bttt

• AlanB
    AlanB
    who spoke to a new cct. stateing Harold did not have his son in control as he had long hair . So Harold had to step down

OH MY GOD, We all heard in the UK how bad things were in some congregations but I had not realised it had got That BaD!!!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

here am I ...send me, whatever message.

Guest 77

• shotgun
    shotgun

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit