I found God Today (not fluff)

by Mindchild 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Perhaps the oddest thing I've looked forward to doing for years is finding and activating my God Spot in my brain. My wish finally came true today.

If anyone reading this isn't aware of what a "God Spot" is I would say in a nutshell that it is neurological response to magnetically stimulating the brain where many people feel "God like" experiences and describe either unusual illusions or intense religious feelings. The means to stimulate your personal God Spot haven't been easily available to the public because the devices needed are medical instruments called transcranial magnetic stimulators. I built and succesfully tested my own design of such a machine and used it experimentally to see what kind of results I would get by stimulating my temporal lobes with patterned r epetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS),

Using the technique that neuroscientist Michael Persinger at Laurentian University uses to magnetically stimulate the brain: http://www.aetheronline.com/mario/Heretic/insearch.htm it took about 14 minutes to notice anything out of the ordinary. The first effect was of enhanced phosphenes (these are bright lights that appear in a darkened room when you touch your closed eyes) induced by magnetic stimulation of my cortex, and this was followed by a mild ringing of the ears. I eventually began to feel very light and on the verge of laughing but there was no full blown visual hallucinations of angels, Gods, demons or anything like that but I did get that "spiritual kick" feeling that I had sometimes as a dub when I felt rarely at assemblies and "special" times when I felt close to God. It is difficult to describe what I experienced but overall I describe it as a letdown of what I expected. I had hopes of having at least a cool visual hallucination which talked with me. All I got instead was bouncing colored lights and ringing ears, plus pinpricking or goosebump feelings.

I guess I wasn't cut out to be the religious type after all.

Skipper

• simplesally
    simplesally

My 2 year old daughter said God lives in a tree. Maybe that might be easier for you next time ---- pick one and climb it, no pin pricks or ringing in the ears possibly a few splinters, though.

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    god lives underwater, I dont know what you are talking about, lol

haha ur silly breakingbenjamin hugs for you

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I had hopes of having at least a cool visual hallucination which talked with me.

Visit Oaxaca, Mexico during rainy season. Good magic mushrooms

• mouthy
    mouthy

He lives at MY house!!!!!!Dont need any aids to find him though,,,,,,,,Just invite Him in luv!!!!

• integ
    integ

I thought JCanon was God.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Skip,

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and just gone to a charismatic church. LOL.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Did you enjoy the experience ?

I would be afraid to damage my brain....

Branda

• patio34
    patio34

mmmm, i don't quite know what to say, i'm actually speechless.

Pat

• JH
    JH

God is an American

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit