Do JW members follow any directive from GB blindly?

by Da.Furious 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Following from the worldwide campaign to send letters to the Russian government: topic covered here.

I started observing a scary trend, I got around 100 messages on multiple messaging apps, Facebook and other social media posts encouraging all JWs to send letter to the Russian government protesting on the ban with the hope they will overturn it.

What struck me is that all are doing it and encouraging others to do it. So, what if the GB via JW.ORG request something like street protests, civil disobedience, to the extreme of voting for or against a particular law or fighting (far-fetched).

What would the JW membership do, not the awakened one?

In addition, I feel this exercise exposes the awakened ones. It happened to me and foolishly I said I am not sending a letter since it is not our job to oppose the government that was allowed to be in it position by God!

• blondie
    blondie

Some do,...some don't

You'd be surprised how many elders find a way around it with a different interpretation

The most recent study article on 3-19-2017 was aimed totally at men with appointed positions who are not following the directions given.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Cults in general require blind obedience from their members.Remember Jim Jones?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most JWS including elders are in obedient servitude to the directives handed out by GB leaders so if mother says to send out e-mails to the Russian government, you expect many will do just that.

Therefore blindly wouldn't be the most accurate wording to use.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....................................................................*Gawd, what an idiot..LOL!!*

......................................................................"JUST ONE MORE STEP!"

Image result for blind leading the blind off the cliff.Image result for jw.org broadcasting anthony morris

• NikL
    NikL

In answer to your question. They are SUPPOSED to.

As to the letter writing campaign, my wife mentioned it this morning and what I found interesting is how we are supposed to remain neutral as to governmental affairs but it's okay if it's something like this.

The other thing is that it might backfire. Remember the letters sent to Hitler back in the day. History showed it made things worse.

The answer I gave my wife was "it's only stuff". That's what they are wanting to protect is their property. At least that's what it seems to me.

• Splash
    Splash

They blindly obey because they are told to:

w07 12/15 p. 19 par. 15 "Stand Firm and See the Salvation of Jehovah"
    we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do. ... Today, it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through "the faithful and discreet slave"!

w11 (simplified) Jul 15 p.24 par.9
    We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah's approval.

w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 17 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today
    All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

w16 Feb p.11-12 Para 14 "Jehovah called him My Friend"
    What about us? True, God does not make such requests of us today. But he does ask us to obey him even when his commands are hard for us to comply with or we cannot comprehend the reasons for them.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Many do.

Some don't do blindly, but coerced or by feeling obligated for feeling too invested in that organization, so they feel trapped.

Some follow out of pressure from family.

Some truly believe that going against a believe will have horrible consequences.

Some follow not necessarily blindly, but just because they don't want to think or decide for themselves.

Some do out of pride or fear of embarrassment.

Some don't follow and get away with it, convincing others that there some kind of biblical reason for them to be the exception.

Some don't follow and hide or live a double life.

Some don't follow and leave or are shunned.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Thank for the comments.

@splash great quotes from the pubs

@outlaw thats very true

I noticed they asked if someone has a private business to use the business letter head in their campaign? don't understand why a business is involved not the actual person? Is this to put some pressure assuming Russia will think they lose these businesses?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Meetings:

Obey obey obey obey

Songs:

Obey obey obey obey

Broadcasting:

Obey obey obey obey

Children songs:

Obey obey obey obey

G.

Share this