Do JW members follow any directive from GB blindly?

by Da.Furious 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

A business letterhead is thought to carry more weight with authorities.

You know, the pecking order thing.

Sylvia

• stillin
    stillin

The letterhead is meant to convey the fact that all who are writing aren't just welfare recipients. It gives an air of legitimacy to the Witnesses.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I know my mum does.

If my mum was told that black is white and the sky is green she'd be convinced that her eyes are defective and the GB are correct.

I've also witnessed quite a few times that she literally forgets old light and immediately replaces it with the new light and denies that the old light ever existed. She's that indoctrinated.

One quote from her that sums it up from a few days before i was announced as DFd "It doesn't matter what we think. All's that matters is what the Governing Body say. So we want to do what they tell us so we can get through armageddon".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Unfortunately, too many Witnesses are fools......I'm so many years out of the religion that anything these men say seems comical to me.

I wonder how this letter writing campaign will turn out. Do the JWs actually imagine these letters are going to be read?? Maybe a few will be...I'll bet the rest are going to help heat the Kremlin.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is the first I have heard of a letter campaign . None of my family or the dubs I know have mentioned it . I guess therefore that the appeal has little impact . I can remember letter campaigns in the distant past to various places , they were instructed through the mags and cong. Announcements ... I don't think many dubs trawl the website.

As to the general question of obedience? Some follow blindly, in fact a lot do. They think Holy Spirit shines out of the GB's eyes.

My wife does not though, I am pleased to say.

• ambersun
    ambersun
    The letterhead is meant to convey the fact that all who are writing aren't just welfare recipients. It gives an air of legitimacy to the Witnesses.

So, the Russian Government are going to receive loads of letters from window washers, plumbers, plasterers and electricians. If this adds an air of legitimacy to the campaign, then all well and good.

However, apart from instructing the rank and file to write letters, has there been any mention of Watchtower representatives themselves flying out to Russia to meet with the government to discuss this issue face to face? Surely they should be pulling out all the stops at this worrying time when their own loyal followers are in desperate need of their help and support? If they want an air of legitimacy then this is surely what should be happening. Maybe they ARE doing this and I missed the announcement.

• Tallon
    Tallon
    ambersun ... However, apart from instructing the rank and file to write letters, has there been any mention of Watchtower representatives themselves flying out to Russia to meet with the government to discuss this issue face to face? Surely they should be pulling out all the stops at this worrying time when their own loyal followers are in desperate need of their help and support? If they want an air of legitimacy then this is surely what should be happening ...

One would think that they should take the lead on this. Aside from Geoffrey Jackson appearing once (via video conferencing?) before the ARC, none of the GB would fly to Australia to defend the Org and its "child protection" policies. They would rather others (local elders) do it for them and be 'chucked under the bus'. Can't see the GB taking on the might of the Russian Government in person either. Hence the letter writing campaign. I read somewhere that they want the writers to include their personal details ... I'm guessing name and address.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Da.Furious - "Do JW members follow any directive from GB blindly?"

Not all of 'em.

And those ones tend to end up here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit