October 31. A night filled with........ BOWLING!!

by Nosferatu 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I always get a kick out of how the JWs will reserve an entire bowling alley to keep out of the house on Oct 31. Are any of you going down to your local bowling alley on Halloween dressed in your JW costume?

• franklin J
    franklin J

I want to be dressed as Brother Elder, in a cheap polyester ( ill fitting) suit, with sensible shoes, and the biggest "naugahyde" bookbag anyone has ever seen, driving a big four door ( better for the field service) car...and I will be carrying one of those black leather bound "new world translations", you know, the kind with the gold leaf edging....

Frank

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

A night filled with bowling,

or going to a G rated movie,

or wandering aimlessly through the malls,

or just staying at home with the blinds drawn tightly, all lights shut off and the tv turned down low.

Of course all of this was better then when Halloween fell on a meeting night LOL

• franklin J
    franklin J

how about if we fill a great big punch bowl up with lots of wrapped candies, put on a silly costume and actually give out the candy to little kids who come to our door, and tell them what great or scary costumes they have!

Perhaps some JWs will take a lesson on how to put a big smile on some littles kids faces.....( will god actually strike us dead?)

Frank

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

"how the JWs will reserve an entire bowling alley to keep out of the house"
    When they did that here in Holland, I probably would have never fade away.....
    I love to go to a bowling....

• blondie
    blondie

It is so hard to have a social gathering nowadays, especially a large one, I'm sure this is a "good" reason that can't be complained about. The kids go out in the day time around here and things are over before we get home. I can remember book studies being planned at the KH rather than a private home if the 31st fell on a meeting night.

The "evil" of Halloween is nothing compared to the evil abuse children face at home.

Blondie

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I remember many Witness Halloween bowling nights. It was almost as if they looked forward to halloween, because it was one of the few nights that they had a legitimate reason to have fun.

Actually, I lived in Winnipeg for a couple of years, maybe we bowled together.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Here I go again, misreading thread titles. I thought it said "October 31. A night filled with...BOWELING!"

• Panda
    Panda

In EauClaire Wis, we had a costume party either before or after OCt.31 (I guess it was after). On Halloween we usually stayed home or went to a meeting. But Thanksgiving was another matter completely... plenty of turkey for everyone.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Actually, I lived in Winnipeg for a couple of years, maybe we bowled together.

I doubt it RunningMan. I became very anti-social in my later JW years. To tell you the truth, I don't remember attending any of the Oct 31 bowling nights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit