Princess Diana...Conspiracy?

by ScoobySnax 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Ok I know the tabloids and maybe this one "carrying this scoop" over here in particular these past 2 days, must be sometimes taken with a pinch of salt, but did any of you read the latest stuff about Diana and her letter to her butler 10 months before her death in Paris....Here's an excerpt from her letter penned in Oct 1996:-

... " I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me and encourage me to keep strong and hold my head high. This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous.... (The Princess then identifyed where she felt the threat and danger would come)..... is planning "an accident" in my car, break failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry. I have been battered bruised and abused mentally by a system for 15 years now, but I feel no resentment, I carry no hatred, I am weary of the battles, but I will never surrender. I am strong inside and maybe that is a problem for my enemies.."

I think alot of people just want to let her lie in peace and move on after 6+ years, but equally alot of people still never saw this as merely an accident, these handwritten letters from her that have just been released will surely only fuel that expectation.

Was it a tragic accident? Or were more sinister forces at work?

Any Views?

• Simon
    Simon

As soon as that appeared on the news, I though "eye, eye ... someone must have a book coming out"

Sure enough. Paul Burrell. Former butler has a book out. "Yippee doo"

Bit strange isn't it ... if she did write such a letter (why to her butler?!) that he didn't say a word after the crash? Why wait till now?

I just think it's someone trying to cash in myself. I still think he should have been prosecuted for wasting police time over the trial - "oooh, I couldn't possibly tell anyone that the queen knew" (poncy twit)

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Simon, one thinks one misses the point........

Sure Paul Burrell is a poncy twit, but the letters were reprinted and in her handwriting......

of course MR PB may be after another quick buck, but I'm talking about what she wrote....

Thoughts?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm not big on "conspiracy theories" myself. The reality may be as simple as... the driver was too intoxicated to handle danger, and the paraparazzi were indeed chasing after Diana and she or her then-boyfriend told the driver to hurry it up. And then the driver lost control in the tunnel.

I'd hate for the butler to making a profit on Di's tragedy.

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

opps double post

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

When will Princess Diana have the chance to rest in peace?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Fergie is going to be on Larry King tonight, and she may have some insight on this one.

I heard earlier today that she gave the letter to Paul in a sealed envelope, and asked him to keep it for her, and to read it if anything happened to her. There was some discussion yesterday about his not "owning" her letters, but she wrote it to him so I think he does. I wish he hadn't written a book but maybe he needs the money. He probably isn't too employable over there since his trial.

All in all, it is probably just a tragic coincidence. He also tells about some letters she got from Prince Philip that are very nice, and show he was closer to her than anyone thought, and sympathetic.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I wonder what Fergie will say? Let us know Mulan.

Moonwillow.....I know, sorry to keep on. I just seem to have this morbid fascination with Diana like alot of people. She should of course Rest in peace.

but all these questions still keep popping up......I don't know.....

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

Sorry Scooby it wasn't directed at you!

I just meant that after so many years the press is still hounding her even though she is not with us any longer.

She was a very special lady!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

<<MoonWillow>> you have a PM

Scoob xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit