Opinions of GB members

by campaign of hate 20 Replies latest jw friends

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I would like to give my opinion of each GB member. i Would probably split them into 3 Groups.

Group 1 - The Hardliners

Tony the 3rd: He knows exactly what hes's doing and saying. Defiantly has an agenda. Pretty nasty piece of work if any of his rants of late are to go by.

David Splane: Pretty much similar Tony the 3rd, but he seems to be a bit more old fashioned than the rest, as one comment he made during annual meeting about using real bible instead of tablet. I would imagine him and Tony are vying for "top dog"

Sam Herd: Also a nasty piece of work. I also feel he is a clever guy, as you would never have gotten to GB member, being mixed raced, in the era he grew up. And clever people usually can think up clever ideas. (or not so clever, depends which angle you look at it)

A common thread among these 3 are they are outspoken and bigoted. These 3 would probably be the guys who have the "new ideas", and beat the other 4 into submission

Group 2- The Blinded

Stephen Lett: This guy is quite clearly mentally unstable, and i also think he believes this stuff 100%. Thinks he's gods spokesman and all that. Apparently all those faces he pulls isn't an act. Apparently he's done it for years. He would never become GB member if he was in the same position back then as he is now. NOT.A.CHANCE

Loesch: He looks like he really doesn't give a S*** any more, and wouldn't be surprised if he absconded back to Austria under the guise of being "persecuted" by lawyers wanting him to take the stand. Wouldn't shock me either if he was a non believer. Just on the gravy train.

Mark Sanderson: Popular with singletons and younger people. Seems quite friendly, although in 20 years time (if he dosnt have a heart attack...have you seen the size of him?!?!) he will defiantly be "top dog". Even so, i think he could be in the same waters as Jeff Jackson...

Group 3- Reformer

Jeff Jackson: If there was any guy, i think, capable of reforming the WT it's this guy. Still pretty blinded, but he does look like he's a bit of a loose cannon, smiling and joking and looks like he would be good to get along with. Maybe he'll be another Ray Franz, maybe the GB WT would kill him off before it gets to that. But that's delving into the realms of conspiracy theory.

Just my thoughts.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I agree on Jackson. He is friendly. Has strong convictions with some good arguments or reasoning. To me before I got engrossed in seeing these guys too much he was the face and voice of the GB (to me), which was tolerable. Splain just seems odd. But tm3 seems to be the brawn of the group. 

Jackson seems kind, and like a warm bible historian. I can appreciate those two things.

TM3 on the other hand seem like this "Jesus is my brother and he's gonna kick your ass!"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just a thought ----just suppose these guys really are gods chosen few ?   whats likely to happen next--surely something massively significant to the human race ?

• cappytan
    cappytan

I always felt like Loesch was one of the hardliners, personally. 

15 years ago, he seemed more hardline and Herd seemed more easygoing.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Dont be fooled by losche.  Hes hard core and a 'do as i say' type.  
  • noontide
    noontide

The thing that jumps out at me is the lack of diversity within the GB members. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the beginning, all the GB members have all been Anglo/Western educated. You'd think that for an organization that represents the entire world, there would be more diversity. Why has the Holy Spirit not chosen someone from India, Africa, Japan, The Middle East (and a believer in the JW teachings - baptized) to be part of the GB? Surely someone from these parts of the world would be better able to relate to people within these regions and help bring them into "The Truth." Doesn't anyone that is not Anglo/Western educated (first world) qualify to be a member of the GB?

Hmm.....

• sir82
    sir82

Doesn't anyone that is not Anglo/Western educated (first world) qualify to be a member of the GB?

The pragmatic answer: Jaracz either didn't get a chance to "observe" any such folks, or he observed them & didn't like them, so he didn't pick any to join him in the good ol' boys club.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Don't think for a moment that Jackson is a milder one!

Anyone who is part of the "magnificent 7" is just as potentially dangerous... 

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Look up losches backround.  Hes not western educated
  • fulano
    fulano
    Well I only know Losch from some encounters, I am very carefull having strong opinions about people I hardly know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit