Gordon Lightfoot

by RAYZORBLADE 54 Replies latest social entertainment

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am not from Canada, actually from northern Michigan, and I am a Gordon Lightfoot fan. His songs are amazing.

He was very much an inspiration to me when I was 14, I started playing guitar, and enjoyed playing some of his songs too. He is a musical legend!!!

Codeblue

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The first time I fornicated, Gordon Lightfoot sang in the background...coming from that brand new 8 track player.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Gordon Lightfoot is # 1 folk singer.

• acsot
    acsot

Yes, a fan here also. And now I can't get the tune of the If You Could Read My Mind out of my mind.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Sundown is about the only Lightfoot song I know. It's okay, but I'm not a fan by any means.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I have been a fan of Gordon Lightfoot for longer than I care to remember. My favorite (and there are many) would be "Beautiful". Thanks for posting the lyrics.

So many great works.

Lisa

• Special K
    Special K

Hey Rayzor...

Gordon Lightfoot.. is AWESOME !!!!

Nice to hear him be interviewed on CBC Radio last month.

His health isn't 100% but .. that man can sing and write.

Special K.. in Atlantic Canada

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

Leddfoot!!!?? Did someone say Leddfoot?!

Oh- Lightfoot....

err....sorry.......

• avishai
    avishai

I love him! I love steel rail blues, canadian railroad trilogy, etc., etc. the guy was a really prolific writer. But, RAY, if ya want to get everybody to leave a party, play wreck of the edmund fitzgerald & see what happens

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Anyone a Gordon Lightfoot fan?

<----------------------- If You Could Read My Mind and Sundown are among my favorites!!

I appreciate the reminiscent thread!! Thanks Ray!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit