For Better or For Worse?

by Guest 77 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma
    he got the best if we are talking JW lifestyle. He was the man and daddy was an elder on the cong and everytime he didn't like something I did, threaten to call the elders about how unsubmissive I was.

Exactly the same for me! The 'husbandly" arrangemend sucked. But out of the borg, I clearly have the best deal, my freedom, sanity, the kids, control over my life especially finances. Appropriately, his life now sucks.

Live is good Emma

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

GentlyFeral wrote:

"and raise the kids. "

Yes, that came later, two years into the marriage, when our daughter was born.

What I am talking about is the "I want to quit my job and stay home" speech I got - prior to our getting married. Which I let her do - trying to be a nice guy and all... even tho it put a strain on our already marginal income - from the very start.

As for the 'thin checkbook'...

After 20 years of marriage, I was finally making a fairly decent income - in spite of the ex's JW life-style - and we managed to pay off the house in 16 years (on a 30-yr note). This should have freed up a large chunk of change that _should_ have gone into savings... but it didn't.

Of course... she wanted to take all sorts of 'trips'... like to the Brooklyn Bethel/factory tour - which lasted a week. I was solo during that glorious time... whilst she was on a bus touring the countryside.

Naw... I _definitely_ got the better end of the deal in the divorce settlement. My freedom - from her... and that cult.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit