For Better or For Worse?

by Guest 77 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
  • Guest 77
    Guest 77

My wife was not a witness when I married her. My wive had her personal reasons to be a JW. Presently, she hasn't been to a KH for four years. My being not the best of husbands stem from mother's over -bearing, domineering and controlling attitude. I evenually came to terms with my mother's abusive treatment, however my other brothers and sisters still have a thick cloud hanging over their heads. Not all my brothers and sisters were JW's.

My question applied to all marriages, JW or not. Yes, there are many sad stories out there and I guess being a JW in an abusive relationship only compounds the problem. One would assume that the marriages within the JW's are in good order, but not so. There must be a sh-t load of mind bending stories out there.

Guest 77

• maxwell
    maxwell

In the US, in general, speaking strictly financially, usually the spouse who makes less money gets the better deal. If the marriage is ended, the courts usually force the one who makes more money to give some to the one who makes less or none. I am talking about alimony, not child support. A parent needs to be responsible for their children. There are exceptions, but that is generally how it works. So if you want the better deal financially in the marriage agreement, don't work hard or don't work at all.

• Badger
    Badger

(((Beryl)))

Your frustration is easily solved...run down to you college, find a hot but nubile young man, throw him down, and DUMP HIM.

As I've said on the board before, I took my vow seriously and fought for them until the very end, even after having her drive a wedge between me and my parents, taking my son and cheating on me. Ladies, you're not going to find many men who will walk all over you like I will...

I did all the work, especially in the last 3 years of the marriage, going to school full time. Let the reader use discernment as to who got the better deal.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Once again, Mr. A. from Hooke, Yorkshire outwitted the nice but dumb Jersey girl.

heh. Imagine that.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

In our situation, I'd say Mozzer and I both got a pretty good deal. I know mine's better, but his isn't that shabby.

• morty
    morty

HAVE TO SAY, I GOT THE GOLDMINE..........THE KIDS........THATS ALL THAT MATTERED TO ME!

MORTONS68

• rocketman
    rocketman

I think mine is split pretty much down the middle.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I GOT THE GOLDMINE..........THE KIDS........THATS ALL THAT MATTERED TO ME!

I am so glad you did MORTONS68!

• morty
    morty

SNS,

THANK-YOU..........I THINK MATERIAL THNGS ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT.........RELIGION,HOUSE,CAR,MONEY, NOT IMPORTANT TO ME........................OH, THE ANIMALS WERE...I GOT THEM AS WELL......LOL

MORTONS68

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit