For Better or For Worse?

by Guest 77 31 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Once again, Mr. A. from Hooke, Yorkshire outwitted the nice but dumb Jersey girl.
    heh. Imagine that.

Heh. Indeed. Conceited supercilious w***** Go ahead, delete me, this was worth it.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Once again, Mr. A. from Hooke, Yorkshire outwitted the nice but dumb Jersey girl.
    heh. Imagine that.

Whatever, six. Your kindness is, as always, truly astonishing. Thanks for your caring comment to my honestly painful post. Rosemarie of the "but I'm having the last laugh" class

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... we were both JWs when I got married.

I think that SHE got a pretty good deal... she never had to work. Just stay at home... do her 'out in service' silliness... take the checkbook to Wal-Mart and empty it...

I am now divorced. I lost the house, and many other material things... but I now have my freedom. I would say that now, _I_ have the better deal. She still has to maintain all of that material stuff.

Regards,

Jim TX

• simplesally
    simplesally

I got ripped off 2x.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Who got the better deal me or ona.........well I can't speak for Craig but only for myself and I think nope make that KNOW I got the best deal, he is simply the best husband! I'm doing my part to be the bestest for him.

Kate

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Glad to hear that there were some positive experiences, it charges up my batteries.

Guest 77

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

what Jim_TX said:

I think that SHE got a pretty good deal... she never had to work. Just stay at home...

and raise the kids. I put a lot of energy into it, and loved it. I was a crappy housekeeper but a decent cook, and a great mother.

do her 'out in service' silliness...

...which, btw, I HATED...

take the checkbook to Wal-Mart and empty it...

It was always a mighty thin checkbook, mostly b/c of the complete lack of vocational education and "jehoover will provide" bull**** -- but never mind. We always had enough, or nearly enough.

Eventually my husband became pretty much disabled, so I fought my way into the work force and now am on the verge of landing my dream job. Now he has the better deal (materially anyhow), and after thirty years of supporting me and the kids, he deserves it!

Spiritually and emotionally, we're pretty much even, and we both deserve our happiness, so there.

Wish it was July. Then I could tag "happy anniversary" on the end of this

GentlyFeral
    proud & grateful

• franklin J
    franklin J

I like to think that my Catholic ( none XJW) wife got the better deal, and she likes to think that I got the better deal.

I guess we are in a disagreement over this, but that is OK, The marriage has lasted 17 years and weathered some pretty stormy seas. One thing is for certain, she does have veto power over any major money that I might be spending . Besides, I think the three children like her better, she certainly is prettier.

Frank

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember with my first husband when I left I went through all the things and made sure he had stuff (i.e., set of silverware for me, set for him) I wanted the silverware tray so I actually remember going out and buying him a new one before I took it. I gave him the house, canoes, left nearly all the furniture and split up everything from towels to dishes so he had everything he needed and I didn't want him to say that I took it all (llike my dad had said about my mom a hundred times).

Well he still told everyone that I took everything and left him with nothing.. When it comes to a breakup, you might as well take care of yourself, few get credit for being a nice "guy/girl".

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My ex definitely got the *easier* end of the deal. I was left to raise our son, and he just was a Disneyland Dad. He picked him up when he was a kid every weekend, and he was a good dad, up until he married the second wife and she had hisbaby. Then my son was nothing to him. He said that he couldn't pick him up any more because the second wife would raise such a stink. I think that she was just jealous because she always brought up that me and my first husband were best friends for several years before she came along. We never did the deed, but she thought we did. She failed to understand that we were friends before we were mates. I'll never forget my poor son, with his bag packed when he was eight, sitting on the frnt porch waitin for his Father to pick him up and he never did. It was heartbreaking. He cried in my arms until the a.m. NOW he lives with him and he still doesn't see him very much. Of course, he's almost 18..

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit