What If: What if the GB said Armagedon has started?

by Singing Man 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Well, I guess look around and see if it really did or not first.

Then if it has I would roll in a ball and kiss my ass good bye. But if has not I would laugh my ass of again.

• SYN
    SYN

Well, you never know. Humans may yet unleash Armageddon on themselves.

In that instance, the Governing Body will die just as quickly as the rest of humanity.

Poetic justice, if anything!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS did say that the Great Tribulation had started but was cut short in 1918/9 to start up again in the near future.

1/15/70 WT p 52

On account of his "chosen ones" he cuts short the days. How? Back in the year 1925 the suggestion was set out in the leading article of the Watch Tower issue of May 1, entitled "For the Elect?s Sake," that "those days" of the "great tribulation" were cut short in the middle. The explanation was given that the "great tribulation" had begun in 1914 C.E. and that it was not allowed to run its full course then but God stopped World War I in November of 1918. From then on God was allowing an interval for the activity of his anointed remnant of elect Christians before he let the final part of the "great tribulation" resume at the battle of Armageddon and come to its termination. This would allow for sheeplike persons to be saved.?Matt. 25:31-46.

It was in this article that "new light" dawned and the WTS admitted that the great tribulation was yet to come. But from 1925 to 1970 the rank and file were taught that the great tribulation had begun in 1914.

Blondie

• Maverick
    Maverick

If Armagedon came as the GB said, they and their dupes would be the first to get the axe! As long as I saw that happen...God can do with me what He wants! Maverick

• berylblue
    berylblue

Maverick, I am (finally) starting to feel the way you do. All this worrying over A....time to live my life right now and worry about A if and when it gets here.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Since I've heard several dubs actually say without embarassment that if the Society said black was whatie, they'd believe it, it seems they're conditioned to swallow almost anything that comes down the pike from Brooklyn/Patterson.

• rocky220
    rocky220

The Borg is the last one to be wishing for Armageddon!!!!!

Be careful what you ask for, WTS!!!!!!!!

rocky220

• Emma
    Emma

I remember the "new light" at the district assembly - huge stuff, and at the time, I thought thrilling. I didn't question the changes. It was an eight-day, international assembly (possibly the last?) and I think the theme was "Peace on Earth."

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would report any suspicious looking "unclean and hated birds" in the neighborhood.

***** Rub a Dub

• Hamas
    Hamas

There is no such thing as Armageddon, it's all rubbish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit