What If: What if the GB said Armagedon has started?

by Singing Man 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

If they said Armageddon has started, I would tell them, "what about the peace and security that had to come first, and what about all the religions that were supposed to disappear first".

Armageddon is not in sight.

• integ
    integ

Actually if we count the years between Jesus' resurrection, and we divide it in half, and compare it logarithmically with the anti typical wheatlike chaff class, and it's atypical seedling, as represented by it's modern day counterpart, which we can only assume is the restored rebellious anti-typical Melchizadek class, we can note a glorious foregleam of the atypical, chafflike, modern day counterpart, of the loyally submissive, Boaz class, which was obviously last weeks Circuit Assembly.

Integ.

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

Rather than listen to Chicken Little, probably would look around first as stated previously by another....

If things did appear to be going to sh*t, I would resolve myself to being at peace with living my life

the way I wanted to as opposed to someone else.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It would be a good chance to make a bet that it wasn't, at least not the wt version. I would bet the dub thousands of dollars.

Integ

SS

• shamus
    shamus

I would rather be dead than live on earth with those self-rightcheous pricks. If the Jehovers said that it was going to happen, I'd say have a nice time. I prefer to die with decent people, not hypocrites.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Only problem with that bet, Saint Satan, is that you can't collect until Armageddon doesn't come. This link is to a dream I had that cured me of Armageddon fears. I was never a JW, but being of the generation that feared the H-bomb (and being a highly imaginative child), I used to lay awake wondering what the end of the world would be like.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/38029/1.ashx

The end of the world can come for anybody at any time. It can happen crossing the street on the red, or start with a suspicious spot on an x-ray. Jesus hinted at the secret - appreciate each day for it's own treasures.

• luna
    luna

Oh, according to my parents, in my monthly guilt phone call, Armageddon is right around the corner. Sign of the Times, blah blah blah. When 9-11 happened, my mom said that it was just a sign that the end was near, and that we had to rejoice that Paradise was surely right around the corner. (Of course, with that, I was told I'd better start going back to meetings, or else I was going to die, too) She did not show any sort of feelings for the thousands of people that died, only felt bad for the few witnesses that died...but that's okay too, since they'll be resurrected. That was one of the final straws for me. Normally, I sit and listen to her go on and on about the "truth", and smile and nod...but, to not show compassion for 9-11....I can't deal with that.

I have friends in Manhattan that were there...they can't even talk about it. I sat and cried for WEEKS, watching the coverage on TV. How could that NOT affect you? I don't understand the witness way of thinking. You should NOT rejoice at thousands of innocent people dying, no matter if you think it's a precurser for "GREAT TIMES IN PARADISE".

• simplesally
    simplesally

I would say, "No it hasn't" ---- Simplesally (of the Jezebel class)

• willyloman
    willyloman
    would report any suspicious looking "unclean and hated birds" in the neighborhood

Rub: I think I just saw one!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I think Integ has it right. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit