Words you invented, or said the wrong way

by JH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

I know what you mean JH. And probably more accurate too.

PS You can call me Syrup if you want.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Syrup, I think it was "Love Shack"

I use the word confuddled all the time.

~Aztec

• Mulan
    Mulan

I say "to-mar-lee" instead of tomorrow....................not all the time............goes back to when I was about 3 I think

Our family also calls Soy Sauce, "bug juice'. I have no idea why. We call Parmesan cheese "soap", but I know why. Sometimes Dave calls it Tide.

Many family members call me Melon instead of Marilyn, because one time when I was about 15 my cousin's fiancee said "pass the water Marilyn" and everyone said it sounded like Watermelon, so it stuck.

I hate when people say nukular..gag!
    That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine..............George Bush does it...........but only every single time he says the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mac
    Mac

Newkular sucks........how about when women are ministrating ? Well...I have to go groshery shopping now and may also purchase some forms to record satistics (as we say here in Indiana) on the prevalence of that usage...........good grief!!

mac, grrrrrrrr class

• Mulan
    Mulan

We also call Ketchup............."Berts" Our eldest son called it that when he was 2, and it stuck. He called French Fries "Lates". So it was "Lates and Berts"

• Mac
    Mac

Mulan...you will never hear me mentioning just how very strange your family is......promise............lol

mac

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yeah people in Michigan go groshery shopping too! Usually at Meijer'S or Kroger'S even though there isn't an S on the end of either of their names..LOL!

Mulan, you think after 3 years someone would have at least gotten him to pronounce it the correct way. Psst George it's nuclear.

~Aztec

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Az, I know it was Love Shack. I was making another lame and failed attempt at humor! lol

Mulan, Berts and Lates??? Where'd that come from? lol

Syrup

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Mulan, Berts and Lates??? Where'd that come from? lol

The only explanation we ever came up with, was perhaps he thought it was Lay's Potato chips and Hunt's ketchup. Even that sounds far fetched. But he was only 2.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Mulan: That's great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit