Mother Teresa's beatification- JWs and Good works

by pravda2004 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Sure Jesus taught, but he also fed. He never forgot to take care of the basic needs of the people around him. Can't feed your child a Watchtower when he is hungry.

Funny, I believe they covered the fact that Jesus was sensitive to human needs in a recent article. It's amazing how the articles sometimes tell them the real truth and what they really should be doing, but those ideals still somehow get squelched by the "faithful and not so discreet slave."

• mizpah
    mizpah

Pravda:

I would suggest you read about some of the Popes that have been made "saints" by the Catholic church. Their lives were hardly "saintly."

This whole procedure by the Church is a farce. In the early 1960s over 200 "saints" were demoted or removed from the list of saints by the church. They had to be "decanonized." Even poor Saint Christopher, patron saint of travelers, took a "hit." Perhaps, the most notorious was Saint Philomena. When her relics (bones) were investigated it was discovered that she was a male not a female. Her statues were removed from the churches. And those churches which bore her name had to change it. Historically, there was serious doubt that she ever existed at all.

People like Mother Teresa don't need the rituals of the church to declare her a saint. Her good works and selflessness stand as a witness to her saintliness. If only the entire leadership of the church would divest itself of its riches and privileges and follow her example, then one might then admire the institution.

• JT
    JT
    People like Mother Teresa don't need the rituals of the church to declare her a saint. Her good works and selflessness stand as a witness to her saintliness. If only the entire leadership of the church would divest itself of its riches and privileges and follow her example, then one might then admire the institution.

i was thinking the same things, i looked at her threads they couldn't be worth more than $45 from head to toe

yet that Funky Hat the pope wears probably is worth $5,000,000 on EBAY

SMILE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit