Mother Teresa's beatification- JWs and Good works

by pravda2004 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mizpah
    mizpah

I was pleased that one Roman Catholic said that this procedure to make Mother Theresa a "saint" was "redundant." I think he meant that her life was a testimony to her "sainthood" and did not need the approval of the church. There is a certain amount of arrogance involved when the church declares who and who is not a "saint." God alone can do that.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them."

"....be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you salute only your brethren, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?"

• pravda2004
    pravda2004

Thanks for rundown on Catholic dogma regarding the pattern of the recognition of "capital S" saints, simplesally. Of course, sainthood is achieved by all those who follow after Christ and persevere, but some of the members Catholic Church seek special recognition for some saints, and the evidence of their eternal rest in Heaven is sought in the earthly manifestation of their intercession in heaven. It's basically only a custom to define as proof of heavenly repose three miracles attributed to their intercession, but really, with so much intercession occuring in heaven (Matt 18:10, Rev 5:8, 8:3-5) how much intercession goes unnoticed?

Interesting- is there any account of miracles coming from the ministry of CT Russell or Judge Rutherford? How about their works of charity? Can someone direct me to some links outlining their good works/miraculous ministry?

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Interesting- is there any account of miracles coming from the ministry of CT Russell or Judge Rutherford? How about their works of charity? Can someone direct me to some links outlining their good works/miraculous ministry?

ROFLMAO

• pravda2004
    pravda2004

Oh yeah...btw, Hamas, thanks for the welcome!

• mizpah
    mizpah

Pravda:

Does it mean that if the "three miracles" can not be found in the case of Mother Teresa that she will not be declared "a saint?" I find the whole procedure preposterous. It gives an unauthorized authority to the church that is exclusive to God.

And some of the "saints" that have been canonized have been anything but saintly persons!

• pravda2004
    pravda2004

Mizpah,

If they didn't find three miracles attributed to Mother Theresa's intercession, then would not declare her a saint, but that doesn't mean that she is not in heaven. There is a difference. I had better let someone who cares answer that better. ;-)

Secondly, I'm unaware of any Roman Catholic "Saints" that have been less than saintly. I can think of a few "Catholics" that have been less than saintly, but I can't think of any canonised ones.

• JT
    JT
    I was pleased that one Roman Catholic said that this procedure to make Mother Theresa a "saint" was "redundant." I think he meant that her life was a testimony to her "sainthood" and did not need the approval of the church. There is a certain amount of arrogance involved when the church declares who and who is not a "saint."

I stuff like this is what makes religion a JOKE-

this woman indeed did many wonderful things but to do what they are doing is so funny

i asked a catholic the other day about this who was going on and on, about the Pope is hooking up sister girl

so i asked him could he share with us where in the bible this process/procedure is found-

at this point the person acknowledged IT AIN['T IN THE BIBLE- of course the look on the faces of others told the story, so you mean to tell us you guys just make stuff up and DECLARE someone to be a staint

on one hand belivers will tell you god is the final judge, then we see folks like the catholics who try to proclaim something they have no biz even attempting

the Pope has no more connection to god than our favorite GB= i just love these dudes who claim to have some inside track to go THAT NO BODY ELSE HAS

but hey, that is what religion is suppose to do, MAKE FOLKS FEEL GOOD regardlesss if it is true or not

• JT
    JT
    Secondly, I'm unaware of any Roman Catholic "Saints" that have been less than saintly

I just love dogmatic statements like this , as if this poster actually personally knew some of these guys who were RECLASSIFIED as a Saint,

what folks do in thier private lives many times has nothing to do with thier Public imagine,- and to assume just because one has a great Public Persona has nothing to do with what folks do in their private lives

that is the flaw in this "process" of making someone A Saint, as far as we know some of those same guys who were classifed and worshipped as being saints today, back in 1655AD could have been Knocking Boots with a couple of Nuns and here he is being Proclaimed a saint by another man

it sorta reminds me of the appointement as elders that many of us got from WT World, each religion has its; on STAMP of approvaL that it bestows upon those who tow the company line,

all religons do it in one way or another

not to take anything away from the good she did, but all this Sainthood stuff is a JOKE

• Room 215
    Room 215

The JWs are conditioned to deaden their social consciences; their cop-out attitude is best reflected by a rhetorical question, an illustration, that I've heard them repeat often: ``Why bother painting the bow of a boat that has a gaping hole in its stern?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit