• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

So same doctrine, but more palatable?

Make it easier to be a JW?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

So same doctrine, but more palatable

Phanton ..... well .. maybe ....

And the new light on the " Cross / Stake" debate will be that Jesus died on an erect tree with a couple of small branches extending from each side.

***** Rub a Dub

• logansrun
    logansrun

These reforms will all probably take place now that the Cubs are in the World Series...DOH!

B.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Hey, I'm a Jedi Master now!

Bradley

• willyloman
    willyloman

spud: I can't elaborate too much as I'm still in hiding here, but the GB member was once a CO who spent some time in my home and based on discussions we had way back then, I reasoned that we could talk. I don't mean to imply those discussions were critical of the course of dubdom or that I thought of him as especially open-minded, I just mean that my family showed some generosity to him on several occasions and I thought he might grant me the courtesy of a read, and perhaps a reply. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure my letter would have gone to the body in my congo followed by an embarrassing discussion with my fellow elders. As I am not ready for that, what with family members to protect, I believe I made the right decision in filing the letter instead of mailing it. I thought I might send it at a "more opportune time" in the future, but as time goes by I'm thinking less of reform, more of taking my leave.

• observador
    observador

Spudinator,

applying seriously what you or willy suggested would be nice, but would involve changing the whole system and mentality, I think.

Jesus faced the same problem, which led him to say:

"Nobody sews a patch of unshrunk cloth upon an old outer garment; for its full strength would pull from the outer garment and the tear would become worse. Neither do people put new wine into old wineskins; but if they do, then the wineskins burst and the wine spills out and the wineskins are ruined. But people put new wine into new wineskins and both things are preserved." - Mat. 9:16

Observador.

• minimus
    minimus

Why support anything to do with reforming the Watchtower Society. Jehovah's Witnesses, REALLY do not teach the truth! So, who cares if the meetings are shortened? Why waste time with reform? It is very counter-productive.

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

Minimus, I understand that many here at JWD probably view reform as you do, a waste of time. However, for me and others with family and friends still extremely active and loyal to the Watchtower it is an admittedly slim hope for some changes down the road.

However, this thread has had some really fantastic responses, and I really appreciate all of your thoughts. Willyloman's and Rubadub's in particular.

It is a real shame that people with such thinking ability and vision feel that the religion is now a lost cause. If ever there was a time that Jehovah's Witnesses have needed people of this caliber, it is now.

• minimus
    minimus

Spud, I too felt like you, at one time. As a matter of fact, I consciencously remained on as an elder to support those sheep that I felt were being mistreated. I came to appreciate the harsh reality. The organization is not Jehovah God's. It is an organization made up of men claiming to represent God. It is a sham religion. It's "faithful slave" is a fake. These people do not represent God. They really don't. They do not speak the whole truth of the Bible. Putting time in the organization is a waste. Ty to use your remaing years to get your loved ones out so that they can really enjoy life NOW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit