How many of you get pissed off when somebody asks you one of the following

by SpannerintheWorks 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Often the way the questions are asked can be annoying.

"You mean you don't believe in the Bible?" or "Don't you feel the need for a savior?"

Often times people ask loaded questions, questions that cannot be answered directly without implying agreement with the beliefs of the one posing the question. For instance:

"Isn't it better to trust God's Word rather than the ideas of men?" or "Have you accepted God's Son Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?"

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I get pissed off when people assume that I'm Christian.

Devon

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I get pissed when they ask questions about JWs as if I'm still a JW or when they apologize for saying something bad about the Dubs.

For example:

After they've been told in no uncertain terms that I USED TO BE A JW they will ask. "So you guys don't celebrate holidays?"

That pisses me off. I do not want anyone any time any where to think that I'm still a JW. "NOW GET THAT STRAIGHT. OK!!!!"

TimB

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Yeah, I've noticed that too - a lot of people have an assumption that if you're raised in a faith, you are that faith forever. It's irritating, I'll agree.

I guess JW's can't afford to have that assumption or there would be no conversion.

• Dawn
    Dawn

After they've been told in no uncertain terms that I USED TO BE A JW they will ask. "So you guys don't celebrate holidays?"

I get that sometimes too. I just smile and tell them "Sure I do, I'm now cult free"

• SYN
    SYN

When someone starts asking me questions like that, I typically answer with similiar questions, like:

"Have you accepted Jesus as your saviour?"

I'll reply: "Have you accepted Mohammed as the Prophet?"

That gets them riled up pretty quick. Usually they're the ones who land up getting mad at me!

One thing that does get me hot under the collar (although you'd never notice it) is when people consider their religions exclusive. They need to do some serious research, IMHO. I just tell them, every religion is the One True Religion.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

When someone asks me anything about belief in a savior, I tell them I don't need one. If they have a bible with them, we go to Genesis, where Cain is driven out of the garden. Cain worries that if he is driven away from Eden, the people he meets will kill him. What people does he mean? The account also implies that he had no wife while in Eden (who would he marry, his own sister?). Logically then, there were people outside Eden, and his wife was found among those people living in the land east of Eden.

I tell people 'I am one of these other people living outside Eden. We didn't sin, so have no need for redemption. We were born right the first time.'

Bright Blessings

Gaiagirl

• avengers
    avengers

But the bible could be a very elaborate fabrication.

Does anybody have any source of evidence to the contrary?

The biggest evidence that the Bible is not a fabrication is just because that's the way it is.

No discussion. That's just the way it is.

point. out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit