How many of you get pissed off when somebody asks you one of the following

by SpannerintheWorks 27 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

How many of you get pissed off when somebody asks you one of the following questions?:

Do you go to church? Have you been to the latest sermon/mass/meeting? Do you read the bible? Do you believe in God? Are you a believer?

Do you believe in the Trinity? Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?

But these questions are all based upon biblical text.

But the bible could be a very elaborate fabrication.

Does anybody have any source of evidence to the contrary?

Spanner

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

SPanner, I'm not clear what questions you're asking, other than the Topic title.

No, I don't get pissed off when people ask me those questions.

And those questions have nothing to do with the bible - they have to do with my behavior.

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

No, I don't get pissed off. Usually, I just tell them that I have only one belief and it's called "life". I believe in life as it is and it's enough for me.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Phantom Stranger:

SPanner, I'm not clear what questions you're asking, other than the Topic title.

OK, I'll keep it simple:

Do you go to church? Have you been to the latest sermon/mass/meeting? Do you read the bible? Do you believe in God? Are you a believer?

Do you believe in the Trinity? Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?

And my closing questions/statements:

But these questions are all based upon biblical text.

But the bible could be a very elaborate fabrication.

Does anybody have any source of evidence to the contrary

OK?

Spanner

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I don't get pissed off by anyone asking me anything. Seems like the people who usually get pissed off are the ones asking if you don't give them the answer they want.

• shamus
    shamus

I'd get pissed if someone asked me if I used to be a woman....

• Swan
    Swan

Shamus,

I have two questions for you now. Did you used to be a woman? Did the operation hurt?

Tammy

• blondie
    blondie

Swan, you stole my question.

Blondie

• Swan
    Swan

Spanner,

I have heard people ask, "Have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior?"

Which doesn't piss me off, but it does irritate me, because usually it is accompanied by a holier-than-thou attitude and an implied "I have, so that makes me better than you."

Tammy

• blondie
    blondie

Swan and Spanner, I usually ask, Why do you ask? Answering an annoying question with a question seems to help.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit