How many of you get pissed off when somebody asks you one of the following

by SpannerintheWorks 27 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

As a matter afact, it didn't!

They used my sixth finger for a penis, used my 3rd foot for my...

HEY!!!

• franklin J
    franklin J

I don't get pissed off when people ask me those questions. Usually, it comes during a religious philosophical discussion and my JW history is explained. People are usually interested to hear exactly what it is that JWs believe. They are usually interested once it has been established that you are no longer " a member of the faith" thus they know and understand that you are not "preaching to them."

When less intimate friends ask me about my religion, I tell them with a very straight face that I worship the Greek and Roman Gods, and am having so much fun practicing paganism, that the idolatry and fornication is so...mind expanding. Its usually good for a chuckle.

Frank

• simplesally
    simplesally

Shamus, I see that you use the pic of Bert from Sesame Street. Did you used to be Zoe? And are you the star of the movie "Zoe's Dance Moves" ???

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

Spanner,

The answer to your question would be: Yes!!!!!!

How many of you get pissed off when somebody asks you one of the following questions?:

Do you go to church? Have you been to the latest sermon/mass/meeting? Do you read the bible? Do you believe in God? Are you a believer?

Do you believe in the Trinity? Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?

The answers to all of those questions would be : NO!!!!!!!!

• Aztec
    Aztec

I don't mind if people ask if I believe it's when they say "We know....". All I can say in response to that is "You do?"

~Aztec

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Hey Spanner, do you get pissed off when someone asks you for clarification? (Sorry, couldn't resist, just kiddin')

Honestly, I guess the reason I asked is this: being a believer in God doesn't depend on biblical text, and mass isn't mentioned in the bible, and church isn't either, and the trinity is sort of a tossup, but I'm not convinced. So as far as I can see, none of the questions really depend on "biblical text", so the accuracy or provenance of the bible didn't even come into play for me. So I didn't understand what you menat, and I politely asked - I didn't mean to give anyone a reason to be angry.

Shoot, someone could ask if I owned slaves and I'd be pissed off - and that's in the bible.

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

the question that ticked me of the most: "When are you getting baptized?"

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

No problem.

• mustang
    mustang

"Have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior?"

Many of these folks expect you to say "NO!!" and then plan to get in your face. So appropriate responses would be:

"Yes, of course; now BEAT IT!!" This can be said without getting pissed off.

Or...

"Yes, of course; but that doesn't keep me from belonging to a primitive tribe that throws missionaries in a large stewpot!!! BTW, you wanna do lunch?"

BTW #2: the assumption here is that we are using the American usage of Pissed Off (upset, mad) as opposed to the English usage (which seems to be drunk/smashed/plastered).

On the other: I don't talk religion with people I don't know. I tell them that and walk off.

Mustang

• neverthere
    neverthere

It only ticks me off when they get past the questions and I have answered no and then they go into their big religious rant about how I am going to hell (Pagan's don't believe in hell, so hey, that doesn't really bother me) then they tell me that if I don't accept Christ that I will die a lost soul. Or they promise me that they will bring me back to god( I tend to tell them that I am not lost, do not need to be found, and that drowning is not too possible since I can swim)

Diana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit