Announcing that Elders are no longer Elders

by Spudinator 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• simplesally
    simplesally

One reason its a "rule" to just announce the deletion is because for some elders, ms and pioneers, there is private reproof involved. If they said "thanks" to one but not another it would be conveyed that there was a difference in the reason for the removal. One congregation I went to had a pioneer step aside and the brother made sure to say words to the effect that sometimes people are busy, ill, whatever and stepping aside did not mean she was less favored, etc.........then a few weeks later another sister got off the list and NOTHING was said, just "Sr. So and So is no longer serving as a regular pioneer." Because of the long speech given with regard to the other sister, everyone knew it was not voluntary.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hi all.

When an elder steps down or is removed, does he still get to be part of the Chieftan class after armaggedon? Or does this honour only apply to those who remain elders through into the *great tribulation*? Just curious what they believe about this.

Reminds me of a talk I heard at an assembly (think it was the one with the Noah drama) where they brought out that what ever service we did in the past wouldn't matter, if we slacked off right before armaggedon, we would still be destoyed.

Shelli

• Room 215
    Room 215

Why can't the announcement simply be worded in a tactful, kindly way that conforms to the facts, expressing appropriate appreciation whenever appropriate?

I mean, it isn't that JWs don't know how to put on a spin to any story! Isn't a congregation supposed to be one happy spiritual family? Besides, we all know the local rumor mill will fill in the blanks anyway, thanks to the local order of babbling elderettes!

• happy man
    happy man

room 215

• JT
    JT
    Why can't the announcement simply be worded in a tactful, kindly way that conforms to the facts, expressing appropriate appreciation whenever appropriate?

Why??? IS NOT this the same organization that shafts its members in every other aspect of their lives

the announcement is meant to be as COLD AS ICE IN ONES VEINS-

if someone adds some kind thoughts that person has went out of his way to show kindness, kindeness that was NOT APPROVED by the FDS

if a CO had been there that night or one had Society Men as elders the person who made the announcement would have gotten RAKED ACROSS THE COALS

i recall an elder who tried to soften the blow of the Official annoucement from the Society by adding a few kind words and he was taken to the woodshed

this is just another example in a long line of examples why the wt has nothing to do with god, as has been pointed out most Corp treat old timers better that wt does

THIS IS WHY THOSE OF US HERE ARE GLAD WE ARE OUT

SMILE

• willyloman
    willyloman
    this is just another example in a long line of examples why the wt has nothing to do with god

In a simple, single sentence, this is "the truth that sets you free." Once you understand this, it's all over and you can move on.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Misery loves company. If the WTS allowed those announcements to be made in the words of individuals then that would lead to free thinking. They want the rest of the Borg to know that anything less than ignoring your families needs by devoting all your time to the WTS is unacceptable. JMHO.

CC

PS: I attempted this reply and I was booted off the Internet. My appologies if this gets double posted!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit