Why not extend your child's life and take the consequences?

by I_love_Jeff 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

This doctrine of Watchtower that I described above is why JW parents can't give in to their natural love for their children. DFing Isn't the point. The point is that accepting blood condemns your child to destruction even if blood "temporarily" saves his life. What the hell???

I can't make this sh!t up. Another way Watchtower emotionally destroys its true believers.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    What the hell???

That made me smile. How is the JW teaching any different from 500 years ago when religious dissenters were tortured or burnt to death because better to die now than burn in hell forever.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Xan, So true.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    There are a lot of ex_JWs who don't seem to have ever been real believers.

Cofty don't be an ARSEHOLE this is all hypothetical. No. I am sure I wasnt a dub as long as you. This was the major reason even before I woke up I knew I could not refuse my son a blood transfusion. I'm a nurse I give them for goodness sake, how can I not allow my son one? I knew everything they said about blood was rubbish, too. Besides I know the authorities will step in so its hypocritical not to comply WANTING authority to go ahead anyway. And YES I did think this all out

Yes, I appreciate children are sanctified by their parents, but again the proviso is still that you are also responsible for your own sins. Also there are helava lot of BAPTISED kids...also many are in couples. Why doesn't ONE sacrifice their place in paradise???

Again...hypothetical reasoning although some of it ties in with how I felt as a dub.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Do we forget that this doctrine was given to Noah by a god that was by choice responsible for the death of every man, women and child and every animal who wasn't on the ark......if you believe this crap.

The reason for this mass slaughter was because the world was over run by wickedness other then Noah and his incest ridden family.

So the simple solution was to drown everyone all at one time.

Why not a timely visit by god's son and a few sword wielding angels to clean up this mess? Isn't this a god that can see the future? How much worse was the future compared to pre Flood?

When does wickedness start in young child? At what age? Were the unborn wicked as well? Jehovah the master abortionist. "just to be sure I'll drown them all and sort it out later..

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty don't be an ARSEHOLE this is all hypothetical.- Diog

Busy. Marking this to reply later.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Beth Sarim - "Remember, 'not inspired nor infallible'. There has to be a reason why they admitted that a few times in the last year and a half or so."

Sure there is.

To appear humble (whilst still insisting on unquestioning obedience).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    cofty - "Wrong beliefs lead to bad decisions."

That principle should be taught at the elementary school level.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

can you imagine the reaction if the watchtower introduced the " no blood transfusions " now ?

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Jesus healed on the sabbath. That principle alone means blood transfusions to save a life would take priority to stance on blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit