They're EVERYWHERE

by ApagaLaLuz 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Blah. At my last job we hired a temp for filing and all that good stuff. Turns out he's a witness and a friend of my cousin's wife.

I've been at my new job about 7 months now. Today there's this gal sitting in the lobby waiting for an interview. I immediately notice the Awake magazine. Then I realize she's great friends with my parents. She was in my congregation. Funny thing is, ever since I've known her she's been looking for jobs. She used to ask me for applications. I had a cigarette in my hand and I was standing right next to her talking to the receptionist before I walked out.

The point is. Why cant I seem to get away from them at work? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

maybe it's sign

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts
    maybe it's sign

A sign of what?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sounds like a scene out of "Night of the Living Dead"

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

ahahaha come to think of it Xjw..... I think you may be on to something

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think of it more like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

How to tell my Witness status has changed in the eyes of co-workers: the security guard downstairs, who goes to one of my old congregations, addressed me today as "MRS. Scott," not "SISTER Scott" as he used to do. And I wasn't even wearing a slit skirt! I guess my two Witness co-workers have been gossiping!

Nina

• blondie
    blondie

Nina, when I was still going to the meetings, I worked with quite a few JWs over the years. I had a big rule, do not call me Sister XXXXX at work. They had to use my first name.

Yes, what a privelege that is. I felt like a nun, Sister Blondie.

People would forget what your first name was.

Blondie

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

My friend Steve works with a witness lady. Apparently every morning he says hello to her along with everyone else. (He is disfellowshipped, been out ages) She went off to her district assembly and when she got back she asked if she could speak with him privately. He said sure, no problem. She says, "I would appreciate it if you don't say hello or good morning to me anymore, it makes me uncomfortable since I am not supposed to hold a conversation with one who has left Jehovah's organization." Steve says, hey, thats your rule not mine and I do not have to abide by it. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable but I will continue as I have in the past, to say hello to everyone I work with.

LOL - she just let her jaw hit the floor, had no idea he would want to cooperate! I love it.

Gretchen

• Valis
    Valis

CHEVIES...it is a sign...it means you need to move to Texas of course..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

there are THREE in the little office in which i work!!! ugh!!! and one xjw but we don't talk much.

well, one of them is my mom, and she's cool. :)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hey Welcome Gretchen.

hey, thats your rule not mine and I do not have to abide by it. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable but I will continue as I have in the past, to say hello to everyone I work with.

Ohhh. I like that one. I'm going to use that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit