The Hell of the POMI!

by The Bethelite 17 Replies latest jw friends

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Yes I know they do DF for drunkenness, however with the tens of thousands of alcoholics in their organization it is a very RARE occurrence.Their loosey goosey attitude about this has been around since the days of Rutherford.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I've known a lot of JWS who had what some would call a drinking problem, hidden away from lets say local elders.

I think this guy needs some outside help perhaps see someone in mental heath practice.

Losing your wife and the support from friends made in a JW congregation must be tough.

I would keep on to the guy nevertheless and encourage him toward resolving his problems. Perhaps he knows of some relatives that might help out ???

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Isn't that just what you'd expect when a JW hits bottom and needs help?

Jehovah's Witnesses shoot their wounded.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

A P.O. in an old hall gave the most interesting parts after getting hammered on Jack Daniels. His breath could knock you over. Could never get a few elders, and the Bethel desk to agree to do anything about him until his physical abuse of his wife and kids became public.

Not at all unusual.

An old high school JW buddy is Df'd for drunkenness and refuses to "speak" to me (we PM) because he is still "mentally in"- but physically out. A two-strike prisoner. Sad.

• careful
    careful

If I remember correctly, prominent Witness Hayden Covington was DFed for drunkenness. I think he came back and died in, though disgraced.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Then there was the case of David Madzay another sad case of a CO.

• blondie
    blondie

careful, at first Covington did not claim to be anointed, but later did claim that status. He was reinstated before he died, so was still considered anointed. After all the man in Corinth was anointed, df'd, and reinstated. All Christians were anointed then so he was not demoted to other sheep status. So when he died, he was of the anointed. So based on WTS doctrine, Covington is up there in heaven ruling over the earth.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1976167?q=anointed+reinstated&p=sen

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

This reminds me of what has happen to my brothers son. DF over 30 yeats ago for drunkness, gone through three marriages. Before I left the borg 8 years ago my brother was crying to me about his son not coming back to the cult. I asked him if he ever help his son to get help for his drinking problem? He said no, then I ask him do you think reading the bible, going to meetings and praying is all a person needs to stop drinking. No answer from him then I told him these things will not work and his son needs professional help not going to meetings and field service. More silence. I have no idea what ever happen to to him. He is now 57 years old. I knew X-CO's who were heavy drinkers and they never got D.F. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit