A Gem in the Awake

by glitter 18 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

There's a great example of how ignorant JWs are in the November 8th Awake (Oil: Will it Ever Run Out).

On the letters page: (The writer is from the Ukraine, so I *hope* something's been lost in the translation... but why would they print it if it was?)

"I wish to express my appreciation for the article "Young People Ask... What's Wrong With Cheating?" (January 22 2003). I am a university student and I have had the habit of cheating since I was in the fifth grade. I always questioned whether cheating was right, but I couldn't find an answer. This article is thus a real treasure. I'm changing my ways with my next test, for which I am now studying."

Has the Awake had articles on how to tie your laces, wipe your bum and that intentionally repeatedly smacking your face into walls is a bad idea yet? I hope for this idiot's sake they have!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Has the Awake had articles on how to tie your laces, wipe your bum and that intentionally repeatedly smacking your face into walls is a bad idea yet? I hope for this idiot's sake they have!

Ummm.....yes they have!

• Beans
    Beans

Now all the JW kids are gonna want to go to University and get an edjumacation!

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• minimus
    minimus

Thank God for the Society's (HIS) publications! You see, if THEY point out to you that cheating is wrong, NOW, you can know it. Very soon, we can expect some articles on the reasons why true Christians should refrain from not wearing glasses when they should, finishing all your food on your plate and changing your underwear at least once a day......Thank God for the Society!

• Perry
    Perry

Is Bum Wiping Wrong?

Some have actually wondered about this, even to the point of causing themselves and others physical and sometimes spiritual harm. Conversely, others have been so uncaring and unconcerned about this practice that they don't seem to want God's view; still others, out of local supertitions and customs allow the local holy man to offer instruction on these vital matters.

Whatever the circumstances we find ourselves in, isn't it God's view that matters? Consider, in some countries bum wiping is a matter that is dealt with the right hand. In these lands, the left hand is offered during a greeting. The scriptures indicate that even the godless do at times show concern for others. But, what should be the christian view?

A careful review of the scriptures indicate that it is not what comes out of a man that is important; but rather what enters a man is what is important. For instance, some regionalized dietary customs make this practice all but imposible. So a careful investigation of ethnic foods is a mitigating factor. However, one should not assume that the christian congregation is unconcerned about this. In one recent convention in an east african country, the local brothers showed their willingness to instruct others by volunteering to illustrate how this is to be efficiently done. The local magistrate offered a commendation to the brothers for providing valuable social services.

Still, others argue that since children universally, cry out for momma during this event, they've concluded that the "Mother" organization of Jehovah's Witnesses should take the lead in bum wiping. But, is this really reasonable?

In the June 1, 1977 Watchtower, the governing body turned this responsibility over to elders of local congregations. In their wisdom, they have wisely included shepherds to lead and complete this task.

What a happifying decision that was. The GB is not interested in governing every aspect of one's life. They have entrusted the "princes in the earth" to assist in various tasks. Together they work harmoniously to spread the good news so that sheep like ones will not be wiped off the face of the earth.

Let us continually pray for the wise instruction and leadership provided by the FD&S. We can be assured that all those sighing and groaning will find relief, not in the rolls of some material destined for destruction, but in the important work that is currently spearheaded by the annointed class and their princely associates.

• AlanB
    AlanB

I had to laugh at the WT image on Arsewiping,

I heard a rumour that a keynote address given by a member of the GB at the next summer convention will be 'apropriate arsewiping in the time of the end.'

• blondie
    blondie
    changing your underwear at least once a day......

min, how often do you change a day?

Blondie

• willyloman
    willyloman
    the governing body turned this responsibility over to elders of local congregations... What a happifying decision that was.

Funny.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Is Bum Wiping Wrong?

Excellent post Perry.

I don't have my CD handy to research the issue but is bum wiping considered "touching oneself" and thus a reflection of greed and something to avoid ? Does one's motivation come into play here ?

***** Rub a Dub

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    Thank God for the Society's (HIS) publications! You see, if THEY point out to you that cheating is wrong, NOW, you can know it. Very soon, we can expect some articles on the reasons why true Christians should refrain from not wearing glasses when they should, finishing all your food on your plate and changing your underwear at least once a day......Thank God for the Society!

I remember my daughter telling me that one of the guys in the group she hung out with for a while, was always bringing up subjects you might find in an "Awake" article and asking if was for Christians;;such as "Butter---Is It For Christians?" He used to crack her up with some of the stuff he came up with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit