CL&M part Jan 4 - annual meeting service report - our outstanding experiences

by loneranger 19 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

As it ended, the entire congregation clapped in approval and self importance.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "I found a man in the door to door work. When I tried to find him at home later, he never answered. But I was determined to be persistent and not give up. Finally I found him at home again and started a doorstep Bible study."

"Of course he hasn't answered since.....but I counted a Bible study at least once, and if he answers ever again, I will count it again."

The problem with comparing these local experiences to Assembly experiences is that you don't get the C.O. to ask you to exaggerate because your experience will also represent a conglomerate of all the circuit experiences.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

One of the last assemblies I was at there was a very elderly sister on stage talking about her rich experiences as a Pioneer. Her tale was chock full of injuries from falls on the sidewalk, tumbling down stairways, car accidents, dog bites, car troubles and slips on ice because she vigilantly/stupidly went from door to door despite terrible weather conditions. She spoke about how much Jehovah had blessed her and helped her overcome these difficulties.

My Son turned to me and whispered "Either this poor lady is super clumsy...or Jehovah isn't watching out for her at all"

• loneranger
    loneranger

Pete....maybe Jehovah has sense of humor from time to time and enjoys watching these people do stupid things in his behalf...or maybe she wasn't born with a brain and doesn't even know enough to get in out of the rain!!!

More self-inflicted persecution.

• Half banana
    Half banana

What upbuilding experiences! How Jerhoova is blessing his people!

It's no wonder they are leaving the org............get out while you still have a functioning brain.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Lol I remember really struggling to find someone who had a good experience and that was in a Spanish congregation mind you. They were difficult to come by and I usually ended up getting a pioneer who would recount a somewhat good experience that another publisher had.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Anyone have any others? The two billion hours reported as field service is beyond a waste of time and effort.

Our congregation hasn't had an adult outsider studying let alone baptized in ages. So the best this congregation could do with 20 pioneers was have two mild mannered and shy pioneers relate a highlight in 2017 of getting one or two 'return visits' to visit the congregation. It was a buffoonery of a interview!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Another reason to stop printing Yearbooks.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Some hilarious experiences, how truly lame.

That celestial chariot is certainly on the move. We realize it’s very hard for many of us to keep up with it our dear brothers & sisters.

The end is imminent, we are on the very threshold of entering the new system and remember this is the Best Life Ever… so Don’t Give Up.

Praise Jah.

• loneranger
    loneranger

Interesting how our congregation all clapped at the end of the interview...they all realize that getting any viable solid responses in the preaching work is very unlikely...unless the person is a nutter or someone down on their luck (can I say that??) lol...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit