CL&M part Jan 4 - annual meeting service report - our outstanding experiences

by loneranger 19 Replies latest jw friends

• loneranger
    loneranger

This was the first part in the "Living as Christians" section of the meeting tonight. Speaker had two pioneers on the stage to relate their outstanding experiences for 2017. We have 23 pioneers and over 160 publishers in the Hall. Our territory is densely populated with single family houses, apartments and condominiums.

These are the "best of the best" experiences for the whole year 2017. Here we go:

1. Middle age woman...pioneer...belongs to DRC...her best experience...driving disaster recover volunteers to and from the airport periodically.

So she puts in almost 1000 hours and this is the best she's got? She get "time" for this? This is one of the best outstanding experiences we have for all the publishers for a full year?

2. Older woman...wife of the speaker...sits with him several hours a week by the magazine cart at a library with light to moderate pedestrian traffic. Best experience: Frequently some nut comes to sit by them to debate and upset their potential discussions with passerby. This guy has a dog. The woman - the pioneer- befriended the dog. He eats some of the bagel she gives him while sitting there. Thus, the guy is not as loud and boisterous as he once was...Took 3 months for this to happen. Once he took a tract...once!

That's it...the second "outstanding experience" in our congregation. Lame beyond belief....no?

As it ended, the entire congregation clapped in approval and self importance.

This is one of the most ridiculous parts I have ever seen at the Hall. Ranks up there with the annual do's and don'ts re the annual regional Convention (don't steal the towels...don't make excessive reservations...don't take excess breakfast food to the convention...don't cook in your room, etc, etc, etc)

This is the best we got from the best we got...yikes!!

Anyone have any others? The two billion hours reported as field service is beyond a waste of time and effort.

• waton
    waton

same here. the stark contrast is the hyped up video and live demonstration of field service, Unrealistic, no sane house holder would put up with this, after years of the artificial theater like this, not one service related growth experience, gross.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Tangent:

You just made me think about the "Don't book extra rooms". I always wondered about that, like who in their right mind books two rooms and later cancels one willy nilly??? Well, I can see some crazies now that I say that. Oh, my study might come, I'll pray and book a room and all will work out.

Anyway, the reason they say that is all about money! If they don't get what they negotiated for, Watchtower won't get their kick back!

Thanks for unwinding more of it for me.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

That bit in the "do's and don'ts" at the Convention really raises a Red Flag. Which one? Well, all of them are controlling, but the one that raises my eye the most is the one about food. Cooking food in your room, or eating to much at the Continental Breakfast buffet. How so you may ask? Why, this is an old Cult trait. Don't let your recruits or members eat too much food, in particular: Protein. The food that is served is usually Carb-rich to load down and make the members half sleepy, so that they are more easily indoctrinated (AKA: Brainwashed). Protein-rich diets that are lower in carbs, tend to not make people drowsy and also encourage more brain activity. Can't have that!!!!! (thinking)

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Every Time they have outstanding service experiences part in our hall, it always comes back to " we got to know the brothers and sisters better!" One time the circuit overseer talked about the nice experience he had witnessing to homeless bums in the park!

• sir82
    sir82

LOL.

Here is one of our experiences:

"I found a man in the door to door work. When I tried to find him at home later, he never answered. But I was determined to be persistent and not give up. Finally I found him at home again and started a doorstep Bible study."

THUD. Yeah, quite the "outstanding" experience there, sis.

• millie210
    millie210

The witnesses have such a persecution complex that if someone who was rude becomes less so, they feel that is a huge accomplishment.

It escapes them that no one is persecuting them in the first place.

• tiki
    tiki

A doorstep bible study....hahhhhhaaa..... These are all pretty pathetic....

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The two billion hours reported as field service is beyond a waste of time and effort.

Yep, an average of 241.9 hours per person spent to get 284,212 dunked. That is a paltry 7,198.8 total hours per person baptized. I had a WTF moment when I heard the 7.8% increase number tossed out, when the number printed is 1.4%, an likely much less if the ones dying, getting fed up and walking away, or getting booted out are taken into account. A comment was made about the 10,071,524 studies reported as being a sure sign that there were oh so many wanting to know Da Troof. No mention of whether that was individuals or annual total of cumulative weekly studies.

The saying "Figures lie, and liars figure" seems to hold true.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Anyway, the reason they say that is all about money! If they don't get what they negotiated for, Watchtower won't get their kick back!

Specific instructions this year to make online reservations through the designated reservation site set up for WT. As I still need to assist elderly still in relatives I will be keeping an eagle eye on the rewards points for the room. Those are MY rewards, NOT the WT and if they try to take them that is theft!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit