Link between relationships and health/happiness

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

SydBarrett 2 days ago

''There is such a great atmosphere inside the congregation it really is like a family and you don’t get this anywhere else.''

Syd -

Yeah, because no one else in the world has close friends or family they can rely on.

Oh that is nonsense on steroids Syd, my old cong if heavily stacked with fractured families, most of the kids there have cousins that the don't know because "they are not in the truth". As for "no one else in the world has close friends or family they can rely on" how do you know that? Let me tell you from my own experience that there is more nutters and grifters inside the Borg than "out in the world".
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

From my reading of science literature promoting evolution, I think that humans did evolve from apes (heck, now evolutionary biologists say modern humans are apes themselves) - but not from any of the now existing species nonhuman apes. The evolutionary books from the 1970s mention fossils of some extinct species of apes (namely, species which the books say were apes) and in the case of some of those extinct species, the books say that those were some of humans ancestors. I also think that maybe even much further back in time an early nonhuman ancestral species of humans evolved from an monkey (a species of monkey which went extinct many tens of millions of years ago). Some of those books even referred to an extinct species which was said to be an apelike monkey (or maybe a monkey-like ape) and a distant ancestor of humans.

As for skulls which are half nonhuman ape and half human, a number of the skulls of some australopithicines appear to be such to me, since they have some human features and some nonhuman ape features. What would be your description of specific features of a skull which is half nonhuman ape and half human? Do you expect that in such a skull every part of the skull must be looking half nonhuman ape and half human? If so, then you won't find such a skull since human evolution didn't work that way. Instead the various parts of the skull evolved human features at different times. For example, The teeth and some aspects of the jaws (such as a 'U" like dental arch versus a "V" like arch or a rectangular arch) evolved human features before the craniums evolved human size proportions. Mosaic evolution is involved.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"Oh that is nonsense on steroids Syd, my old cong if heavily stacked with fractured families, most of the kids there have cousins that the don't know because "they are not in the truth". As for "no one else in the world has close friends or family they can rely on" how do you know that? Let me tell you from my own experience that there is more nutters and grifters inside the Borg than "out in the world"."

RB, it was sarcasm directed the OP. Didn't you see the eye roll at the end?

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"From my reading of science literature promoting evolution, I think that humans did evolve from apes (heck, now evolutionary biologists say modern humans are apes themselves) - but not from any of the now existing species nonhuman apes."

Thats right.

And we are apes. I like to picture aliens visiting and classifying all the life on earth. A creationist finds out the alien has classified him as a species of ape and strongly objects to this. The alien says "chill out. I get that you are a pretty clever ape, but you're still a species of ape, I mean...i'm looking at you"

Like if humans found a strange creature with a beak, talons, wings and feathers except it had developed a complex language. And the creature got all upset when we pointed out what a fascinating species of bird it was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit