Link between relationships and health/happiness

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Even though I’m agnostic so will not commit to either intelligent design or chance, I love being part of the congregation for the close personal relationships.

There is such a great atmosphere inside the congregation it really is like a family and you don’t get this anywhere else.

A real friend is someone you can rely on when you are in need. If things go wrong for you and you are going through a hard time you know real friends will be there for you. As long as you didn’t bring it on yourself by going against Gods law then you have to prove you are repentant first of course.

There is a lot of research now saying that good friends is essential for healthy and happiness. They say it can’t be friends that you don’t see often in real life, it has to real friends in the real world where you meet up multiple time per week.

Is there really anything wrong with me staying inside the congregation when I am agnostic and I’m going to jump either side of the fence if there is a reasons to.

If there is ever any evidence to support chance as the start of everything like the missing link is found then I will jump that side of the fence.

“missing link, hypothetical extinct creature halfway in the evolutionary line between modern human beings and their anthropoid progenitors. “

Some now say it wasn’t monkeys humans evolved from, well whatever it was before full humans, is there any evidence, any skulls found over the bullions of year it took for humans to come? If there is credible verifiable evidence of this I will jump that side of the fence

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    A real friend is someone you can rely on when you are in need. If things go wrong for you and you are going through a hard time you know real friends will be there for you. As long as you didn’t bring it on yourself by going against Gods law then you have to prove you are repentant first of course.

ExB..PIMA,

I get what you are saying. I have been a PIMO for well over 10 years now and I stay in for my family. The times I have/do spend with SOME in the congregation are enjoyable as you describe. That being said, if any of them ever found out that I am PIMO not only would they shun me but my PIMI family as well. They will cut you off at the drop of a hat so to me that is not the definition of a real friendship or of the "christ-like love" that they claim to have for each other. If you still believe in that. Its a finely constructed fantasy born out of a cult.

So I do not think those fake friendships are good for your health, not in the least.

Case in point: https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/13r37gq/so_much_love_huh/

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''There is such a great atmosphere inside the congregation it really is like a family and you don’t get this anywhere else.'' How do you know that? Have you tried 'everywhere' else?

''Is there really anything wrong with me staying inside the congregation when I am agnostic?'' Not if you don't care about being associated with an organization known for covering up child abuse and has a core belief that results in the death of people for refusing blood, no not at all. Crack on.

We all see things differently. Your disdain for the Governing Body for 'pushing' the covid vaccine is similar to my disdain for Physically In's Whatever Out's.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There is not a great atmosphere locally. The family in is the only reason to stay

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@exbethelite

i cant imagine the turmoil you are choosing to endure. You are--in effect--lying to your so-called friends. You are using their friendship to your own ends.

Do you really think you will survive armageddon living your 2 faced existence ?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Not at all Stan. I’m sitting on the fence and if some proof of evolution was ever found in archeology or something I would jump that side of the fence.

the second part of your question is interesting. If the Bible turns out to be correct then I will jump that side of the fence.

I enjoy being part of the congregation and all the activities but I will look back with no regrets if I grow old and the great tribulation never happened

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I don’t know why this isn’t talked about more but it’s official teaching that some will jump that side of the fence last min.

Its even in some videos with prison guards during the great trib jumping the right side of the fence.

I actually really wonder how many mature sensible physically in JWs are actually secretly like me and subconsciously agnostic?

I have heard sister say out loud “even if it wasn’t for the hope of Paradise I still love the meeting and ministry” I think this means there a chance in their mind the Bible may not be correct or we don’t have the total correct understanding of it.

This is me exactly

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If you can wait until the very end before making a commitment, and god is okay with that, then isn't that actually the best course of action? Live how you please, wait for clarification, then make a choice. It sounds like the most logical option. If god was to punish people for doing otherwise, that seems unfair.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Tonus that’s my thinking exactly

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett
    "Some now say it wasn’t monkeys humans evolved from, well whatever it was before full humans,"

We share a common ancestor with monkeys, and if you go back far enough we share a common ancestor with crocodiles, oak trees, moss and snails.

We didn't "evolve from monkey's" any more than a bald eagle evolved from a sparrow. They share a common ancestor.

I didn't evolve from my 6 year older 2nd cousin. We are two branches of a family with a set of great grandparents being our common origin. So it is with life on earth as a whole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit