Link between relationships and health/happiness

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

''There is such a great atmosphere inside the congregation it really is like a family and you don’t get this anywhere else.''

Yeah, because no one else in the world has close friends or family they can rely on.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

ExBethelitePima - please send me a one month supply of what you are taking.

Just kidding my friend! If nothing matters, then what you suggest is A-OK. TBH - I admire that you feel the way you do. You probably sleep better at night than I do.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I guess you have set the bar really low to feel good about current choices. If you are happy with "frenemies". If lying, theft, and child rape don't make you indignant...then you have found a home...and are where you should be.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"......... supply of what you are taking."

The Piss.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Exbethelite,

I have no doubt that a large percentage of JW members stay because of social relationships. Growing up a JW, there was always something fun going on with your JW friends and I sometimes miss my old friends.

I havent attended a meeting in person for a long time but Ive been a long time gym member and I hear the same things said after a workout that I used to at meetings. Comments like;

"I didnt feel like coming tonight - but Im glad I did."

"I always feel better after a class."

"We're having drinks this weekend".

People enjoy social networks, some more than others and I think you can satisfy that human need in a lot of ways that dont include attending meetings.

If it wasnt for the potential for friends you have known for decades to shun you for expressing an opinion, being a JW would be great in regards to the social side of things.

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

It depends on what kind of person you are. Some people get energized being with lots of people. Others like just one or two and rest of the time they are happy being in solitude.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    SydBarrett9 hours ago
    "Some now say it wasn’t monkeys humans evolved from, well whatever it was before full humans,"

We share a common ancestor with monkeys, and if you go back far enough we share a common ancestor with crocodiles, oak trees, moss and snails.

We didn't "evolve from monkey's" any more than a bald eagle evolved from a sparrow. They share a common ancestor.

I didn't evolve from my 6 year older 2nd cousin. We are two branches of a family with a set of great grandparents being our common origin. So it is with life on earth as a whole.

-Im genuinely interested are you saying some humans evolved from one animal and other from another. Or do you think all humans today evolved from one animal possibly monkeys?
    I suspect evolutionists don’t think it through. Whichever animal we did evolve from where is all the archeological evidence of half human skulls?
    Once proof can be shown evolution is not a theory anymore but at the moment no proof has been found. Don’t you think that is unusual if this happened over billions of years and we have found other fossils older than that?
    This is why I’m agnostic
  • SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"-Im genuinely interested are you saying some humans evolved from one animal and other from another. Or do you think all humans today evolved from one animal possibly monkeys?"

You ever thought about going to your public library and reading something on this subject you claim to be interested in?
    Or maybe even just bother to read the links COFTY posts?

We didn't evolve "from monkeys" or or chimpanzees or gorillas or bonobo's. Think of all the life on earth today as the many branches on a tree. Take a group of the newest branches on a tree, follow them backwards and all of those will converge on a larger branch from which they all originated. Take a group of the larger branches back and they too will eventually converge on a common branch of origin.

Monkees, humans and apes are 3 separate branches that if you go back far enough will have a common branch of origin. One didn't evolve from the other. If you go even further back, much further back on the "tree", there will be a branch that is the common origin of all mammals. Trace those branches back and eventually, even further in the past, those lines will converge on a branch shared by all animal life. Keep on going and eventually you'll reach a common origin of all Eukaryotes, meaning humans, trees, bees, fish and mushrooms.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't know much about links between health and relationships.

But I have heard that two-parent families are the best to bring up children.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The other day I stumbled on the concept of EQ in contrast to IQ. Wish I found this out earlier. EQ plays an important role in maintaining good health and stable relationships. Def. EQ or emotional intelligence is the ability to understand, use and manage your own emotions in a positive way to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict. So relationships and health/happiness depend a lot on one's behaviour and actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit