What is the ideal age?

by logansrun 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Getting older is just different, that's all. Sense of smell and taste get better, so does one's perception of beauty. You can enjoy and love things without that compunction to own them. You don't care that much how popular you are, as long as you're at peace with yourself, that's fine, you just don't worry what others might think.. Status means less than it used to. You probably become more just and have no qualms about going it alone against the flow if you feel that's the right thing to do. You don't humour people just because they might be useful to you one day, on the other hand you're more tolerant of the foibles of the human experience.

Pretty women talk to you more, they feel safe with you! Money is easier to come as is the freedom that financial independence brings with it. Your knees can creak somewhat, so you learn not to groan when you stand up. You keep your eyebrows and ear hair trimmed regularly too. One's stamina can actually increase providing that you don't go over your own speed limit.

You sleep much more.You learn that denim jackets on men over 45 are ludicrous, as are Cuban heels. Your manners improve, however you also demand that they are shown to you in return. You must take care of your teeth, otherwise you just look, well, gross.

Did I mention how quick-witted you become? Oh, well, another time maybe.

Englishman.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I wish I had my mental age and experience but back at age 18. I also am only 32 but get so many things wrong with me lately.

I feel wrotten today, have a swollen face, just had my last baby milk teeth pulled out ready for replacement (I was born without all of my adult teeth in my gums). It feels quite awfull.

• gumby
    gumby

The ideal situation is to be in your 40's with your mind, and your body 18. That way you look good, and feel good, ........but you would be thinking with both heads instead of one

Gumby

• jwbot
    jwbot

I am 21, and I am living life. I am savering it. My teens sucked because I was a JW, but I know they would have been better had I not been in the religion. Life for me, started at age 18 when I got out and started college!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Mike, why are you awake so early??

• minimus
    minimus

Whatever age you are------in your mama's belly.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Mike, why are you awake so early??

Umm....posted that at ten minutes past midnight UK time. I was just getting ready for a spot of horizontal refreshment. Mike.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

On getting older....every gray hair you have on your head----YOU HAVE EARNED!!!!!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Brad... I think that the answer is a subjective one that depends on the person. For me, I was in a bad marriage through my twenties. I was also still asking "What do I want to be when I grow up?" I'm in my early 30's now and feel like I've got a happy and productive life. I'm lovin' every minute of it. For me, I don't know what year it was, but I'm livin' it now.

Ern

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

25 was the perfect age for me.

Thirty was hard for me. Because I had been so grouch about my bday, my friends threw me a funeral instead of a regular birthday party. Neither of which I particularly wanted. The cake was shaped like a tombstone. Not a lot of fun to see your name on any kind of tombstone whether it's marble (stone) or marble (vanilla and chocolate)! To top it all off, they wouldn't let me drink because they blindfolded me and drove me to a tattoo parlor and they wouldn't ink me if I had been drinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit