by kj 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Information about the Walsh trial transcript -

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/59835/1.ashx

• Hamas
  • garybuss
    garybuss

The Douglas Walsh trial manuscript is a perfect example of the way leaders in the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation avoid directly answering questions. The strategy is to make a statement (often dogmatic) that is not an answer but an opinion or some cliche that leads one to a conclusion. Usually the statement is worded in such a way that the receiver has little choice but be drawn to the conclusion the Witness wants and in the mind of the questioner, the question was answered. The Attorneys in the Walsh trial were too smart to be fooled with that trick.

This trick is used as standard procedure in the Corporation's literature writings. Go to most any Questions From Readers article in a Watchtower magazine, and find the simple direct answer that most of the questions deserve. They are next to impossible to find. What you will find if you are like me, is text leading the reader to the conclusion the writer wanted the reader to leave with, but no text that plainly stated the answer. Another day in spin city . . . . GaryB

• DJ
    DJ

Fine work guys. Covington basically said, 'yup, we fire the whistle blowers...we hate the ones who stand up for truth. We would rather have everyone believe a lie than have someone who is "lesser" than us, speak the truth. We are egomaniacs. You have to be a team player in the lie or you are dead.' I hate that freeeeeeeeekin religion. AMEN. phew, I feel much better

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Can't remember it exactly, but there's a great quote - the substance of "better a convenient lie than an uncomfortable truth."

Love Gerard's 1988 yearbook 'Ireland' quote. That's amazing! Rigid religious systems, eh?

It's true what Penton said about the similarities between Catholicism and JWs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit