Making A Big Deal Out Of Nothing.

by shamus 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus
    shamus

A poster recently brought up an interesting topic... about how the WTBTS always makes big deals out of nothing.

Case in point?

How Jesus was crusified on a tree, rather than a cross. I mean, does it really matter that much? He died, so why make such a big deal out of it. Even in one of the kingdumb songs they have that verse that says he died on a tree... oh how lovely.

What are some other areas that they make a big deal out of nothing? And I do mean nothing... like Aluminum? And how about some other teachings. It's been a while since I was in that nonsense, but seem to remember entire sunday Watchtower (tm) studies dedicated to some stupid point, that they would drive home in endless drivel.

• bebu
    bebu

This always had me scratching my head, too. I think they were just LOOKING for ways to seem superior to any other Christian denomination. Trouble is, it has backfired fairly badly for them in that there's really too many things to demonstrate that the cross was very likely as Christians have traditionally depicted.

It really doesn't matter, I think. Let them rant.

bebu

• minimus
    minimus

Birthdays, toasting, saying "Bless You!", Mother's and Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, the list goes on.....................................

• Scully
    Scully

What better way to reinforce to JWs that they are "different" from everyone else, than by straining out these gnats (theologically insignificant teachings) and getting them to gulp down a camel (the WTS is God's channel)?

If you sufficiently distract someone who is driving a car by fiddling around in the back seat, playing with the radio, bickering, pointing out cows in the fields and flying monkeys in the sky, it's possible for them to miss the really important stuff. Like the approaching 18-wheeler crossing the lane heading straight for them.

Love, Scully

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

When something can't be proved from the Bible, then the catch-all phrase "Pagan Origins" is used.

***** Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Standing up for a judge walking into court is fine because it is "respectful" but standing up for the national anthem is "worship."

You figure.

***** Rub a Dub

• shamus
    shamus

Excellent point, Scully! That is exacly what they do!

Same with you, rubadubdub!

And min, yes, they do make a big deal out of toasting. I remember when I was a goodie goodie It used to bother me when ppl did that... my roommate used to laugh at me, and would toast me right in the face, and laugh. It woke me up to how stupid it really was to get upset over nothing... I ended up not caring after that.

A well deserved knock down on the peg, so to speak!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Taking your mother to a nice restaurant for a fine meal on Mothers Day is Creature Worship.

Taking the Circuit Overseer to a nice restaurant for a fine meal on the Sunday of his scheduled visit is Brotherly Love.

***** Rub a Dub

• startingover
    startingover

Don't forget the infamous "LUCKY"

• Satanus
    Satanus

Celebrating your birthday is pagan creature worship. Celebrating your wedding anniversary is not pagan. Wasn't marriage and it's attatched traditions pagan?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit