Making A Big Deal Out Of Nothing.

by shamus 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berylblue
    berylblue

Great post, Scully.

Yes, it is ludicrous and I always felt that way. However, I was dangled living in paradise on earth and seeing my dead mother again. I put up with a LOT for that. And to gain the love of a God I didn't understand and of whom I was terrified.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good ones, RubaDub!!

I love your comparison of taking the CO out and your mom out. CO's are practically idolized... definitely much more so than celebrating a birthday or mother's/father's day "idolizes" a person.

The "pagan origins" catch-all excuse is very lame, but I was guilty of overusing it. What's dumb is that they can dismiss some "pagan origin" practices without any difficulty. Wedding rings and now pinatas are a-ok!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    Don't forget the infamous "LUCKY"

haha! my twelve year old brother won't say potluck. he says "pot fortunate." no kidding.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL Tink! That is so lame! Espeically since "fortunate" is basically a different form of "fortune"... that's no better than "luck"!

• Odrade
    Odrade

I've been saying "bless you" when my hubbie sneezes. He laughs. He can't bring himself to say "thank you" yet. It makes him feel guilty. I think I'll start saying "GOD bless you" LOL!

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Maybe this isn't a big deal over something, but one thing that they argue with me is that they are upstanding people and there are no robbers, pedophiliacs, or criminals found in the religion and actually believe it. Supposedly he says that they are known worldwide for their upstanding behavior. Yeah right! Most of the Jehovah Witnesses in my school act as bad as people that are atheists or people who just have a religion for sanity's sake. It's really funny sometimes, although somewhat sad. Theres not a sense of humility in the sect.

Oh yeah, and also that Jesus died on the cross. It doesn't really matter, but can't they see that the whole freaking world knows that Jesus died on a cross, except them. I mean, its written on history books, dictionaries, all over the place yet they say, "Oh, we are the true religion because we know that he died on a stake". Why doesn't God feel sorry for them and open their eyes?

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Pot-Fortunate???? WTF? LOL!!!

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!

they enforce these rules just try and claim that they have the "only true faith" and for no other reason,

dont say "bless you" or kuzuntiet(sp) after someone sneezes! That will surely bring reproach on Jehovah's name!!!

dont sign the birthday card at the office!! That will make you "part of the world!!"

would it be proper for true christain youths to attend a school dance? Certainly not, for Jehovah's word the bible clearly states: Do Not be mislead, bad association spoils useful habits.

If your a woman, dont do the following things:

wear pants to the meetings, on studies or in F/S

contradict your husband

give oral sex to your husband

the list goes on........and on....and on......

Doodle-V of the "giving freely and receiving freely" class

• shamus
    shamus

I used to also be afraid to open up fortune cookies.

How do you spell loser?

S-H-A-M-U-S.

That is how much of a goodie goodie I was. There is another term---- uptight ass!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    Espeically since "fortunate" is basically a different form of "fortune"... that's no better than "luck"!

haha dr i've got your spelling error permanently captured!!!!!

shamus that is SO funny..i always tease my brother when the family gets chinese food...i innocently ask if he'd like his "luck cookie" before or after dinner... funny thing is all of them READ the fortune. but saying "good luck" is bad. i do NOT get it !!

• invictus
    invictus

I never understood their explanation about growing beard.

some time ago we visited Port Elgin congregation and there were two brothers who had beards - one was even handling mikes.when we got to our congregation and asked an elder about that he said that the congregation was probably spiritually weak?! to allow that,yet he never gave answer to why is it wrong to have beard?

invictus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit