Why so angry?

by woodland 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• woodland
    woodland

Why are so many people angry at the WT society, when it is the people that decide to remain in the organisation?

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Because it is the Society which makes it damned near impossible to leave without sacrificing your entire family.

Any one or any organization that divides otherwise good families is evil imo

Uzzah

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think the Society's "going beyond the things written" is a major issue with many.

The One-Towel rule at assemblies comes to mind.

***** Rub a Dub

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Welcome woodland. You're not any relation to minimus are you?

I am sure you will receive lots of responses, hopefully none of them too angry.

If you search through the threads here, you will read many posts form people whose lives have been touched in a negative way, some will even say ruined, due to policies that the WTBTS insists on enforcing, even though they know they cause harm. Pedofile coverups, shunning, the blood issue etc. But I think you know that already, don't you.

I ask you woodland. Why do you think there are so many people angry with the WTBTS?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Because they vilify anyone who simply decides to leave. That is so cultish.

If they weren't such control freaks, then it would seem that people stay in there by choice rather than because you're "damned if you don't".

However, if they weren't such control freaks, they wouldn't be the Watchtower Society.

• jwbot
    jwbot

There is a reason why there are support groups for THIS religion, and not many others... Do mainstream protestants have support groups for those that leave the relgion? I doubt that. Just think about that for a second and you might see.

Welcome to the board!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Sorry Woodland, I can't quite get my mind around your question this morning. However, I would like to give you a warm welcome to the forum.

JamesT

• garybuss
    garybuss

I could give a rat's ass about the corporation. I only have a problem with people who are not nice to me or people who are important to me. GaryB

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome to the forum!

No, you won't get any angry responses... that is a valid question.

It is because they are blind... blind in their teachings, blind of the goings on behind closed doors. When someone is in trouble, you can't just sit back and let them fall, can you? No. Also, it tears families apart. If you do not accept their teachings, you are cast out into the world, and considered a horrible person. your family cannot talk to you, or anything. YOu have no free will in the organization to either accept teachings or leave quietly. If you choose to leave, you can count on being on the run for the rest of your life, always wondering if you are going to get disfellowshipped or not.

That is why I hate the org.

• mizpah
    mizpah

woodland:

People who decide to remain in the organization have little choice. They know if they leave they will be ostracized and shunned. It is not Jehovah's Witnesses that make the rules and regulations. They blindly obey it because of its claim to be "God's organization." In a way, they are victims, too. They do not have the freedom of choice. The organization of the Watchtower Society is authoritarian and controlling.

The more valid question should be: "Why, if it claims to be a Christian organization, does the Watchtower Society impose cruel unchristian rules that devastate families and ruin relationships? The majority of XJWs do not hate JWs. Rather, they hate the organization that imposes rules that require their members to act in an unchristian manner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit